Adoption

parent profiles

how reliable are parent profiles? has anybody here used them to find their baby's adoptive parents?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: parent profiles

• Not me, but I believe Crene did and was matched in a very short period of time.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• We use parent profiles, but on the other side of things. All of the couples looking to adopt are home study approved by their state, so it's a legit way to find potential APs. Good luck on your search :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, we used them and found our BM within 2 days of activating our profile.  We did pay for Extreme Exposure which probably helped some of the traffic we got, but our BM was actually just looking for couples nearby, so extreme exposure ended up having nothing to do with our match.  I think parent profiles is a great way to advertise.  We had a few scams but they were so obvious..no big deal.  Good luck!
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are a hopeful adoptive couple and we have a profile listed on Parent Profiles... so, I can't speak from the perspective of an expectant mom looking for an adoptive couple.  But, as the previous poster said, all couples who list on the website have to be home study approved.  If I remember correctly, we had to have the social worker who completed our home study fax them a verification rather than us just providing it ourselves.  I think it's a reliable place to look for hopeful adoptive couples.  It's also really easy for expectant moms to contact couples that they're interested in getting to know better.  All the best to you and good luck!
  • I just decided to browse on this board since I used to work at an Adoption Agency (I don't anymore) and the birth mom's we worked with loved getting to look at profiles of families initially (ok, not every birth mom wanted to do this).  Then when they talked to the family (if they so chose) it was a great deal easier for them. 

Sorry if this comment is out of place since I am not adopting or placing for adoption but I thought it might help.

• imagesassygal29:

Sorry if this comment is out of place since I am not adopting or placing for adoption but I thought it might help.

Not at all!  The board welcomes anyone involved in adoption.  Thanks for sharing your insight!

• imageamm78:
    We are a hopeful adoptive couple and we have a profile listed on Parent Profiles... so, I can't speak from the perspective of an expectant mom looking for an adoptive couple.  But, as the previous poster said, all couples who list on the website have to be home study approved.  If I remember correctly, we had to have the social worker who completed our home study fax them a verification rather than us just providing it ourselves.  I think it's a reliable place to look for hopeful adoptive couples.  It's also really easy for expectant moms to contact couples that they're interested in getting to know better.  All the best to you and good luck!

I was able to e-mail parentprofiles all paperwork, including the home study.  Just a quick note.  

Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"