Adoption

Resources for a friend?

A friend of mine is married to a man who was adopted from South Korea. She emancipated herself from her parents and was adopted by friends. They now have 2 children, one of whom is starting to ask questions. "Did Daddy grow in Grandma's tummy?", etc. She is at a loss to try and begin explaining the complexities of their families.

Does anyone have any resources (books, websites, etc.) they know of that I can refer her to? TIA!

Re: Resources for a friend?

• This website has all kinds of books about all forms of  adoption:

https://www.tapestrybooks.com/

maybe she can find something appropriate there

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not sure of the ages, but my DH found an awesome book at the library for our toddler.  It's called We Belong Together, A Book About Adoption and Families by Todd Parr.  It's a bright, hand-drawn picture book.  The book is written with the perspective of the AP reading to the child, for example "We belong together because you needed a home and I had one to share ..." etc. 

At the beginning of the book it advises people to change pro-nouns as needed so she could say "We belong together because Daddy needed a home and Grandma had one to share".  It's super-cute and very easy.  We plan on buying it in the future for both our DS and our adopted child to read.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"