Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

5w old with cold, reflux, or both?

For the past week or so, my 5 week old daughter has had troubles with choking on her mucus, being fussy, some what spitting up, disruptive sleep, short feedings, among other things. She only extremely threw up once, she doesn't fuss too much during or after feedings, she seems mostly uncomfortable when breathing during sleep and gags on her mucus.. symptoms seem to mesh! She also now has pink eye, and woke up extremely snotty. So I'm wondering if us trying to fix the reflux has blinded us to a more obvious slight congestion and cold. I started a medicated vapo and she's slept amazingly.. but that could also be the exhaustion of going to the Dr's and being messed with all morning... advice? Tips? Any insight?!

Re: 5w old with cold, reflux, or both?

• Options
    I was wondering the same thing, my 6 week old has been having similar issues.  He doesn't have the spit up as much as he use to but he has these periods where he is super snotty.  I have been doing saline drops and suctioning which makes it better for a while.  I think I may have to take him in, even though he has no other symptoms of a cold or any other condition I worry about him being so congested especially when he is sleeping.
  • Options
    The congestion is the worst part about all this with us! I'm petrified of her choking. But it seems even with sitting her straight up she still gags or chokes a bit. So how can that be reflux if the acid can't flow up? I would take your baby in. it never hurts, and you'll both breathe some relief.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"