Multiples

Bedrest- vent

Hello everyone! For the last 3 days or so I was having what I was pretty sure were contractions and was feeling a lot of pressure. My doctor told me to come in. The good news is that my cervix is still closed tight, but my doctor put me on meds to stop the contractions and put me on bedrest until the end of the pregnancy. She doesn't want to take any chances. I still have about 10 weeks left in the pregnancy cause she wants to schedule a c section around 36 weeks. My employer will only keep my job for 12 weeks so obviously since I won't be going back to work 2 weeks after they are born  I will now be unemployed. My husband and I will be fine financially but it will be very tight. I know these babies are SO worth it, but since I currently have the health insurance under my job, it adds a lot of stress. My main concern is keeping these babies healthy, and cooking for 10 more weeks!!! Any suggestions for keeping myself busy during these next 10 weeks? Thanks Ladies! 

Re: Bedrest- vent

• I would verify, but I don't think they can stop your benefits until you have at least come off disability (8 weeks after a c-section).  Are you sure they won't let you come back after disability?

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• I don't have short term disability I am only being covered by the Family Medical Leave Act which starts 12 weeks after missing 3 consecutive days of work. My boss said she won't keep my job for longer than 12 weeks. She thinks it would be playing favorites and since legally she only has to hold it for 12 weeks, that's what she will do. She doesn't think its fair to the department to hold it any longer. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry to here about the job stuff, being on bedrest is hard enough without having all that to worry about too. Hang in there. For me the hardest part of bedrest was the first week or so, then you kind of get used to it.

Since it was about this time last year, I taught myself to knit and made scarves for everyone for Christmas. It was great because I got all my "shopping" for gifts done, learned a new skill, and felt like I'd accomplished something. There are TONS of tutorials on Youtube to get you started. 

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • I am so sorry to hear that : I'd still verify with HR if you have one. Especially with benefits. See if you at least can get continuing coverage thru COBRA.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• I am 30 weeks and was just placed on bedrest myself.  My doctor joked that I should watch the series Lost.  Day 4 and I'm going crazy.  I feel like I should be up and doing things but I know it's important for the babies for me to sit.  

I have been Xmas shopping and finding good internet deals to save money. I also want to start crocheting. Right now I can make a Barbie scarf lol.  

GL and I hope they stay baking for awhile.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"