New to The Bump

MUD?

I am confused about MUD. I googled it and saw it was "made up drama." Do people create accounts just so they can say something stupid?  How does this happen and how can you tell if it is MUD?  

Not planning to create any MUD, however I am curious as to what it really is. 

my read shelf:
Nicole's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

Vacation

Re: MUD?

• There are always certain topics that will inflame a board (drive by BFPs, terrible advice etc.).  Usually the posts are so ridiculous they are pretty easy to spot, but it doesnt stop people from responding.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Yes, some people create accounts just to stir the pot.  Sometimes to say something they think they can't under their real account, sometimes just to make things up to get a board going.

It's endlessly annoying.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Loading the player...
  • Most of the time you can tell by how ridiculous the post sounds....just ignore it and don't encourage it. It can be pretty fun to read through the other bumpies responses though! It can be good for a laugh sometimes.

people are dramatic so they like to start drama, they like any attention they can get, negative or positive, and sometimes negative is a lot easier to come by because it gets so many people flustered. Why? Because they can, that's why.

GL with MUD spotting ;)

Anniversary
  • Thank you for asking this! I was wondering what it was too!! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"