Food Allergy

So confused!! Please help!

DS has been on soy formula since about 2 months due to dairy intolerance. He will be one on Dec 20 and I was hoping to be able to transition him to milk by then. He has been eating cheese and yogurt since about 8 months with no reactions. He also eats baked good with WCM in it just fine. Just before he turned 11 months I started giving him WCM in his sippy at breakfast. He really hated it and would only take a few swallows each morning. I continued this for about a week and he just didn't like it. During this time he didn't seem to have any reaction to the milk and seemed to be ok with it. No rash, no diarrhea, no vomiting, or anything. 

When it seemed clear he wasn't liking the milk I starting mixing it with his bottles to see if that would get him use to it. He takes 3 bottles a day 5-6 oz each. First I started with just an ounce of WCM in each bottle. Again no reactions and I was doing this for about a week. Now this is where I get confused. After a week of mixing formula and milk I noticed he had a rash on his belly and side. I checked him everyday since starting the milk so it was a week before the rash popped up. Could this rash be from the milk? Even after drinking it for a week with no reactions?? Or from something else he ate? What do I do now? Im thinking to wait for the rash to go away and try milk again to see if that was really it. Or should I just try soy or almond milk and wait a few more months to try WCM? Thanks for your advice!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So confused!! Please help!

• why are you in such a rush to give him WCM? wait after he truns 1.. I know 11 months is not that far from 1, but their tummies are still getting strong.  IMO 11 months is WAY too early for wcm!

You can develop an allergy (or reactions) at any point in your life. It usually takes a few exposures for your body to recognize an allergy, so I wouldn't be suprised if he started showing signs after a week. I would put the WCM on hold and keep him on formula for a bit longer. Stop rushing it.

If i was you, i would avoid milk right now, continue with formula.  By the time he turns 1 his rash should be gone and then try a little again. (have benadryl on hand). Is his formula milk based?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"