Oregon Babies
Options

Train or Cruise?

Hello, My DD is 2 and I am living in Hillsboro.  I was thinking about taking her on the Polar Express train ride at Mt. Hood or the Cinnamon Bear cruise on the Portland Spirit.  Would these be appropriate for a 2 year old?  Which one is better?  TIA.

Re: Train or Cruise?

• Options

My niece did the train a few years ago and loved it-but it did take her a while to get ok saying hi to Santa on it (she was 1 1/2 or 2 1/2?)-if your DD is a little more shy maybe take her to see Santa somewhere before. 

And wear jammies on the train! My brother and SIL didn't know to do that the first time, and were sad they missed getting cute pictures of my niece in jammies with Santa.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepdxlady:

My niece did the train a few years ago and loved it-but it did take her a while to get ok saying hi to Santa on it (she was 1 1/2 or 2 1/2?)-if your DD is a little more shy maybe take her to see Santa somewhere before. 

And wear jammies on the train! My brother and SIL didn't know to do that the first time, and were sad they missed getting cute pictures of my niece in jammies with Santa.  

The jammies is why I'm leaning towards the train.  Plus they get a little bell gift, just like in the movie.  The only thing is you have to purchase tickets in even numbers as to not split up groups?  Thats strange.  It'll only be the 3 of us. She could be a lap child, but she won't want to stay in our laps for long.

• Options
    I have never heard of the Cruise. But my whole family enjoyed the train... my three old nephew loved the ride to the "north pole"... We all wore our PJ's. It was a blast to see the adults get sillly! :) 
  • Options

I've done both the train and the cruise and the train is definitely a better fit for a two year old.

Have fun! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"