Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Dreading going back to work

This was my first pregnancy.  We went to the doctor a week and a half ago and saw the heartbeat, but the baby was measuring small.  Over the weekend, I started to spot, which turned into bleeding, went to the doctor on Monday and there was no heartbeat anymore and no growth since the previous appointment.  I had the D&C yesterday.

I thought I was doing okay but Im really dreading going back to work tomorrow after taking two days off.  The thought of having to act normal (my boss knows why I was out, but no one else does) just seems very difficult. 

Re: Dreading going back to work

• Options
    hugs, it's tough. I had to go back before i was ready due to other co workers not showing up and was scared to ask off more. I feel your pain but know that it will get better. i just had someone ask me today at work was i sick yet with this pregnancy, i just sat there thinking of how do i be nice when she didnt know. thoughts and prayers for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Fortunately, I guess, no one aside from my boss knew that I was pregnant at work. (I was only about 9 weeks)  But I just feel really odd about acting normal and when people ask me if I'm feeling better having to say that I had a stomach bug or something.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today was my first day back after almost 2 weeks out. I was DREADING it, I even cried walking into work. It ended up not being as bad as I thought, I ended up just holing up in my office for the day. I was SLAMMED with work so that helped and I took an extra long lunch break. I would say the worst part was dreading people talking to me about it I was 19 weeks do everyone knew. When I was alone or around people who knew not to say anything I felt ok.
    Good luck to you, it won't be as bad as you are picturing!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"