Adoption

It was the best of times it was the worst of times

We are almost finished with our Foster Care classes and it sounds like we will have our license right before Christmas.

I have been anticipating this since September and have really been looking forward to gearing up for a placement - though I know it may not happen right away.

The week before Thanksgiving my father's health took a turn for the worse.  He is a 4 year pancreatic cancer survivor (a miracle, really) and had been doing fantastically.  He has been in 2 hospitals in the last 2 weeks and last Friday they moved him to hospice saying he only has days to weeks left.

I would feel very selfish saying to my family and friends that not only am I grieving for my father but I am grieving for missing all the anticipation and celebration of completing our classes and getting our license.  So I wanted to share here with you all - because I'm thinking you'll understand how I feel. :)

My father and I are not close and he is not close to my kids - but this is still very hard because of course I love him.

Thanks for listening! 

Married mom of 3 bio kids - trying to grow the family through adoption - either DIA or Fost-Adopt.

Re: It was the best of times it was the worst of times

• I do get how you feel, and I'm so sorry that you are going through this hard time.  Waiting for our children to come to us was devastating, and the holidays always amplified that for me.  No one understood why I was subdued or cried hysterically during mass.  No one but my husband knew how angry I was when his New Year's toast was that we'd all be together again the following year (when to me that meant that my son wouldn't be home yet).

Vent here.  We get the pain that waiting is.  And human emotions are complicated.  It's completely okay to be grieving both your father and your children. 

• Oh love, I can relate.  My FIL is dying of pancreatic cancer right now too and we just brought our son home from Russia.  It is an awful paradox to live in the best and the worst of times as you said.  I pray for your peace as you anticipate the loss of your father. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry you are going through a hard time.  Just sending you a (HUG).

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So sorry for all you are dealing with!
    Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
  • Thank you all so much for the kinds words!

We are going to our regular foster care class tonight (only 2 left after this one!) as long as dad stays stable - because a little slice of normal is a complete blessing.

jillianmb - so sorry to hear about your FIL - and so happy for you and your new family.  :)

Married mom of 3 bio kids - trying to grow the family through adoption - either DIA or Fost-Adopt.
  • (( Hugs )) That is so hard, and a lot to handle.  Your dad, the holidays, adoption - it's a lot.  Feel free to vent anytime, I hope your classes go well and that your dad stays stable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"