Indiana Babies
Options

How much to pay a nanny for one day/week?

Hello! My name is Andrea and my twin girls turned one month today. I will be going back to work in January and a family friend has offered to watch the girls one day/week (my mom is watching the girls the other 2 days).  It'll probably be 7:30am-5pm. I have no idea how much to pay her! Any suggestions Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much to pay a nanny for one day/week?

• Options
    My mom s cheap but she watches a set of twins daily for three hours for 10 a day. My suggestion would be 25 if she is a close friend. 3035 if more an aquantence helping.
    2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think it would be quite a bit higher. Maybe these numbers will help - we have 2 kids (1 and 3) in a relatively inexpensive standard daycare setting and we pay $350/week, or $70/day. However, since I assume your kids will be the only kids she is watching (or even if she had her own kids as well), I would expect to pay more for the more individualized attention vs. the group setting of a daycare. I would probably offer $100, maybe a bit less if she is a good friend and wants to help you out. I think here in Indy that $500/week for a nanny is probably close to average, although I've never hired one. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was thinking around $80.  Eli goes to an inexpensive church day care 2 days a week and we pay $40 a day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ok great - thank you so much for your replies. I think around 80 dollars/day sounds like a reasonable price!
  • Options
    We pay ours $10/hour
  • Options
    I am a nanny and make $10 an hour. So depending on the day I make between $70-$100. I think $80 sounds good!
    pregnancy week by week
  • Options
    We pay $30/day or $100/week
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"