Adoption

Been a while..

I know I hardly post anymore which I feel bad about..things have just been really busy as all of you can imagine.  We went to Michigan for Thanksgiving (we're from NC)...to see my family.  We had a "meet the baby" party that was a lot of fun, but DD is only 9 weeks and got a cold, probably from the party.  I know kids will get sick, but I feel so bad for her.  She's doing relatively good for having a cold, but I still feel so bad.  And we obligated to go to Louisiana for Christmas where DH's family is, which I think was a big mistake.  I don't know what we were thinking..I guess just so excited for our families to meet DD.  I want to push out that trip so bad, but DH is not on board, so I just have to hope for the best.

DD started smiling on purpose around 6 weeks and it continues...she smiles all the time which is so much fun.  Other than being sick, she's doing really good!

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season! 

Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Been a while..

• She is priceless...congratulations, although her having a cold stinks!
  • At least it will be warmer in Louisiana than in Michigan. It was in the high 70s- low 80s at my parents' house for Thanksgiving. We were in shorts!

Congrats. Other than the cold and, most likely, being very tired, I am excited things are going well!!

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad you are enjoying time with DD.  Busy seems to be good for you.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• She is so cute!!  I love the middle outfit in your sig, I bought the same one for my niece that is due in a few weeks : )  Colds are so hard when they are that little, my DS got a ton of them and still does. 

I hope you enjoy Louisiana, I know it can be overwhelming when so many people want to see LO.  Take care and enjoy your sweet baby!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• So glad you posted. I've been wondering how you are doing. Sounds like you are all settling in nicely!  Hope she kicks that pesky cold soon.  Also, thanks for the attorney recommendation - we are meeting with him in a few days (our homestudy w/TAS was finalized today!!)

• imagefledgegrl1:

So glad you posted. I've been wondering how you are doing. Sounds like you are all settling in nicely!  Hope she kicks that pesky cold soon.  Also, thanks for the attorney recommendation - we are meeting with him in a few days (our homestudy w/TAS was finalized today!!)

That's so awesome, glad to hear it.  Keep me posted! 

Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry to hear little one is sick but it sounds like things are going great other than that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"