Adoption

Waiting to check in - Nov 26th

I didn't see a posting today, so decided to post.. 

This is a check in for anyone in the waiting-to-adopt phase. Lurkers welcome! Whether you're still checking out different agencies and programs or you're bringing your child home tomorrow, this is for you!

1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)?

2) In what phase of the process are you?

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share?

4) How are you feeling this week?

5) How are you preparing for the holidays?

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

Re: Waiting to check in - Nov 26th

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)?

DIA 

Date was changed, so again - 2 weeks from today

Got a ton of baby stuff from work today (I work for a baby company) that they were cleaning out of our storage area. 

December 10th can't come soon enough 

We hope we make it home by Christmas.  So no preparations here, and will just wing it. My SIL just told me she is flying in for New Years, so hopefully she gets to meet our new LO when she is in town. 

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)?: Domestic Infant Adoption

2) In what phase of the process are you?: saving $, waiting to put in our application on January 2

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share?: we're at just under 40% saved, thanks to a generous gift from DH's grandparents over the holiday.

4) How are you feeling this week?: I'm feeling pretty excited this week!  We were around our niece, nephew, and cousins' kids and babies all weekend long, and everyone was asking about our adoption plan, the process, etc.  We also started discussing when we want to start working on our nursery, purchasing baby items, etc.

5) How are you preparing for the holidays?: I'm in grad school, so right now I'm focused on getting through the semester.  I would like to start decorating for Christmas sometime this week or weekend, but we'll see how things go with my school work first.

• Loading the player...

Foster to adopt, sibling group, 

completing homestudy this week

We have managed to make it through all the training, paperwork and homestudy in just three weeks, truly a miracle.  

4) How are you feeling this week? Still not really letting myself feel anything. Just taking it one moment at a time, trying not to get too excited until we get approved.

5) How are you preparing for the holidays? We have lots of trees and lights in our house.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)? Adoption from foster care, 2 boys who are 22 months and 4 yo

2) In what phase of the process are you? Matched, waiting on DCF approval

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share? We painted the room!

4) How are you feeling this week? Annoyed with the process

5) How are you preparing for the holidays? We will decorate a tree this year.  We usually have a Charlie Brown tree on the end table.

Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)? DIA

2) In what phase of the process are you? Home Study

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share? No.  Hoping to get fingerprints back this week so we can finish this thing.

4) How are you feeling this week?  Still a bit down.

5) How are you preparing for the holidays? My tree is up, inside is decorated, and shopping half done.  Just have to do the outside of the house.

Agency Assisted DIA 0-36 months 

W.A.I.T.I.N.G...   ;-) 

Nope. Not much going on. I have one NAR accomplishment: I am ALMOST finished my Christmas shopping. I am usually that crazy lady running out on Christmas Eve because she still isn't done, so this is a big accomplishment for me!

4) How are you feeling this week?Adoption wise, I am not feeling anxious or impatient at this time. We have so much going on right now with DS and the holidays, that I have a lot of other things to focus on.  DH has been away on business for almost 2 weeks, and missed TG, so I am kind of bummed about that and SO ready for him to come home. 5) How are you preparing for the holidays?

We put up the tree, took pics for our Christmas cards (with fake snow...so much fun!) and have been spending time with family this week. Christmas should be fun. My sister and our cousin (who we call our other sister) are coming to town to spend Christmas at our house, and I am SO EXCITED! I really hope my  mom and step-dad get to come as well. 

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)? Domestic Infant Adoption

2) In what phase of the process are you? Our final home study visit was 3.5 weeks ago. Still no word on approval from our agency. When I checked in with our SW 9 days ago, 1 SW still had to read through it for the approval. I'm not sure why 9 days later we still haven't heard anything.

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share? We painted the nursery this weekend!

4) How are you feeling this week? Impatient.

5) How are you preparing for the holidays? I have to work 12.5 hour shifts on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but the hubby and I are celebrating the weekend before it. We will do our traditional meal of Swedish meatballs with all the trimmings. We put our tree up this past weekend so it's starting to feel like Christmas time around here.

:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!
  • imageMush-Tastic:

1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)? Either adoption from foster care or international adoption.

2) In what phase of the process are you? Right now we think we are going to take a few months to save money and see if we can make international adoption a possibility for us.  We are "pre-approved" by an agency, but we're just very nervous about the financial side of things.  If we change our mind or feel that adoption from foster care is a better path for us we can either jump into PRIDE classes in January or May.

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share? Nothing recent, reading lots of books and looking at our agency's waiting children list.

4) How are you feeling this week? Okay

5) How are you preparing for the holidays? Our decorations are up and I believe the gifts are now all bought.  I have a bunch of cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies on my DVR to watch while I wrap presents and address my Christmas cards. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)?  DIA

2) In what phase of the process are you? We've been waiting for a match since January 2012. We've just been turned down for #12 or 13....I've lost count.

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share? Nope.

4) How are you feeling this week? Let's see - in terms of adoption, numb to rejection. That is actually better than where we were -- silver lining I guess. In terms of everything else - frantic about work and Christmas! EEK!

5) How are you preparing for the holidays? We put up our Christmas tree and now we're stuck between ordering presents online and praying time slows down so we have time to get everything done. Work is a complete sh** show, so it kind of ruins the Christmas cheer, but I did plug in my USB light-up Santa! :)

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Adopting Waiting Child(ren)... Adopting Legally Free or Low Legal Risk.  0 - 10yrs

Waiting for DH's background check..... still. 

Our LW finally responded to a text... after a month of not responding to voicemail, email, text.  We also spoke to a new agency... They seem to have the exact program we were hoping for with our current agency.

Questioning God's Plan for us... and wondering if these setbacks are His Way of saying that He doesn't want us to be parents 

We put up lights outside... Haven't put up the tree yet.  DH insists that we should.  I would rather not. 

Me: 32, DH: 45... TTC #1 since May 2010
    July - Nov 2011: Testing with OB... OB said everything looks good
    March - Sept 2012: Moved to RE.. 4 treatment cycles - responses of one or no follicles
    09.03.12: Diagnosed Poor Ovarian Response.. DE IVF only option
    Feb - Nov 2012: Pursued Adoption. That door slammed shut.
    12.23.12: Surprise BFP (first ever)... 12.25 - 12.31: Natural M/C

DIA 

Waiting.... photo books published and with agency, home study in process.  

First meeting with SW last night! Three more, one physican, and FBI profile check to complete then homestudy done!

Tired. Back from a fantastic vacation (our last nig trip before being a family!) A litole jet lagged.

Should I be preparing :)

Domestic infant adoption

Waiting to be matched 

Nothing exciting! 

Feeling a little disheartened

DH & I are decorating the house and going to visit family 

• This is a check in for anyone in the waiting-to-adopt phase. Lurkers welcome! Whether you're still checking out different agencies and programs or you're bringing your child home tomorrow, this is for you!

In 2 programs right now - DIA and Fost-Adopt. Hoping for a sibling set of 2 ages 0-7. 

We have 3 classes left to complete our foster care training and get our license. 

We had our final home visit where our case worker met our bio kids - it went really well!  All references are in as well - so now it is just a matter of finishing our classes.  We could be licensed as soon as Christmas. 

I am sad - my father is very ill - he will most likely pass away this week or next week and everything has been consumed by this - as it should be, of course.  On the plus side I haven't had much time to worry over when/if we will get a placement once we're licensed. And I haven't stalked our DIA caseworker to find out if our profile has gone out either! 

We took a few hours on Sunday to put up our Christmas trees and decorations.  

Married mom of 3 bio kids - trying to grow the family through adoption - either DIA or Fost-Adopt.
  • ***lurker coming our***

We're looking at foster to adopt. Specifically boys ages 8 to 15.

Just starting the processes. Mainly in a research and inquiring faze. We also need to buy a new house before we really start anything (Our current home is  2 bedrooms). We hope to be in a new home by this summer. 

We have been thinking about adoption/fostering for some time. This we week we decided that we will go forward with it! 

I'm excited and nervous to start the process. 

Our house is all decorated except for out tree, we hope to get it (real) on Sunday!

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"