Pre-School and Daycare

Leap Frog Tag books

We are considering buying our (very) soon to be five year old a Tag for Christmas.  I haven't done much research yet, but would love to hear any pros/cons.  It is just the Tag pen and then as many books as we would wish?  I see there are bundles, too, but I guess my questions is - its just the pen?  No other pieces/devices?

We have an iPad and he uses it easily for games and educational apps.  We are NOT looking for anything that would be an entertainer - the only appealing parts of the Tag were that it looks educational and I think it would offer him some independence he would love. 

Thoughts?  Thanks for any input.

Re: Leap Frog Tag books

• DD has had her Tag for a couple of years and loves it. She enjoys the educational books, but also the story books. Several books also have games at the back.

One thing, though, the wand does have limited memory. We fit about 12 on there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the replies, very helpful information to consider!
  • Loading the player...
  • It is the pen and the books which you buy as many as you want but you can only have so many loaded onto the pen at a time.  My 4 1/2 (5 in March) DD LOVES her tag and uses it all the time and she has had it for a year.  My 6 1/2 year old uses hers but not as much.  We love it as the girls are now following along to the stories as they listen and also doing some of the games.  It really keeps their attention.  We have a decent variety of books as well plus the solar system and US Map.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"