Pre-School and Daycare

Tablet Recommendations (LeapPad 2, InnoTab, Nabi 2, etc.)

I'm interested in purchasing a tablet for my son as his big Christmas present. (He's always making a mess out of my iPhone...so I want him to have something to call his own). There are sooo many on the market to chose from! I can't afford an iPad...so that's out of the question. I've narrowed it down to the following: LeapPad 2, Innotab 2, Nabi 2, and the Kindle Fire (not the HD one). Any suggestions or recommendations? My son is 3.5 years old.

TIA!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Tablet Recommendations (LeapPad 2, InnoTab, Nabi 2, etc.)

• I really recommend the Nabi 2. I also recommend that you go back in time and get it at its $129 black friday price last night at Walmart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got DD1 an Innotab 2 last night. We were going back and forth between it and the Kindle Fire up until we put it in our cart. Like your LO, our DD loves to play with our iPhones. We thought she'd love the Kindle. DH was pushing hard for it. I liked the idea but was so worried about her dropping it and breaking it. The Innotab and Leap Pad are made for kids. We figure that if she does well with it, she can have my Kindle in a year or two when I'm ready to upgrade. She has never seen me use my Kindle, I never use it when she is awake, so I think the Innotab will be exciting for her.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Personally the differences between the leappad 1 and 2 are SOOOOOO ridiculous minute- I would go with LP1. They are hoovering around 50-60 bucks.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageStacyc625:
    Personally the differences between the leappad 1 and 2 are SOOOOOO ridiculous minute- I would go with LP1. They are hoovering around 50-60 bucks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told a huge difference b/w the LP1 and the LP2 was the LP2 can be recharged by plugging it into the wall, vs the LP1 will only take batteries?

But I'm in Canada, and the price difference b/w the 2 is about $25 ($80 vs $107).  I'd pay the extra $ and not have to worry about batteries.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Innotab 2 hands down=)
  • imagebrownie123:

imageStacyc625:
    Personally the differences between the leappad 1 and 2 are SOOOOOO ridiculous minute- I would go with LP1. They are hoovering around 50-60 bucks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told a huge difference b/w the LP1 and the LP2 was the LP2 can be recharged by plugging it into the wall, vs the LP1 will only take batteries?

But I'm in Canada, and the price difference b/w the 2 is about $25 ($80 vs $107).  I'd pay the extra $ and not have to worry about batteries.

I just use rechargeable batteries- so for me. No biggie.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageStacyc625:
    imagebrownie123:

imageStacyc625:

I just use rechargeable batteries- so for me. No biggie.

Yeah, I was thinking that after I posted...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• We like the Leappad2. DD1 has one and she loves it, and seriously has learned a lot from it. DS keeps stealing it to play with it so my sister is getting him one for Christmas.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Does the innotab require batteries or does it get charged in the wall?

What do you love about it over the others?

TIA

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"