June 2012 Moms

Anyone else with teething LO's?

DS is normally a mellow and happy baby that sleeps well but still gets up at least once a night. Yesterday at daycare they said he was a little fussy and didn't take his bottles very well and also sticking his hands in his mouth a lot. So they said he may be teething. Then last night he woke up at 11 and then at 12 so we brought him in our room and he slept but not well. Has anyone else gone through the teething phase and how long did it last? What are some other signs to look for? What other tricks have you guys done to help them get through it?
Thanks in advance and happy thanksgiving!

Re: Anyone else with teething LO's?

• Depending on the child it can last days or weeks.  Ill type more later...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO has her two front teeth poking through. I use tylenol when it seems painful (she was at her worst just before they started to show). One thing that really worked was wetting the corner of a clean wash cloth, then freezing it. LO can put it in her mouth for some relief, and the dry corners aren't so cold that she can't hold them. An amber teething necklace seemed to help, but I found it a huge pain in the butt to take on and off every time she was unsupervised or napping. 

FWIW, it took about two months of teething symptoms before I saw teeth, but only days after the super-flushed cheeks showed up and usual pain symptoms (crying out for no other reason). Before that, she just drooled and bit things, and sucked her fingers a lot.  

• Loading the player...
  • Our LO has 1 tooth about 1/2 way fully in and 1 on it's way through.  I use tylenol and have tried to use the orajel but she just spits it out at me! haha!  She wasn't too fussy which was why I was sooo surprised when I was bathing her a the first tooth was poking through! She was drooling quite a bit and chewing on everything.  She did get a little fussier at night so now that I know it's from the tooth Tylenol seems to do the trick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"