Philadelphia Babies
Options

Pennsylvania Hosp deliveries?

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who's delivered at Pennsylvania Hospital (not HUP)... Good or bad.  I'm 5 weeks and am starting to look into their midwife program. Would love to hear from you.  Thanks!

Re: Pennsylvania Hosp deliveries?

• Options
    Hi I am new to this board but I am going to be delivering at Pennsylvania hospital. I like that it has a more community hospital feel to it and I don't like the hugeness of HUP. I am also a nurse and remember doing my ob rotation at HUP in nursing school and I was not a fan. Just my opinion though. Good luck!
    TTC since 10/1/10 BFP 1/14/11 MC @ 6w 3d 1/17/11 2 Rounds Clomid 50mg + ovidrel trigger=BFN SA=Normal HSG= tubes clear July 2012 gonal-f and +ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFN August 2012 gonal-f + ovidrel trigger + IUI= BFP!! Beta 8/24 12dpo 166!! Beta#2 8/28 16dpo 942!!! EDD 5/4/13 9/10-First US-TWINS!! 2 beautiful little HB's, 1/3/13 said good-bye to our little boy. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered at Penn a few years ago and it was a great experience . The nurses and the staff were nice. My nephew was born there this year and his mother liked it as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you are interested in the midwifery program, don't wait in switching practices or contacting them. They fill up fast and have trouble taking new patients after a certain amount of weeks. I am looking into switching there and have had some difficulty as I'm close to my 3rd tri. I hear it's great there though (from other women in my birth classes). Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It was the experience I was born there my kids were too.  I just delivered my baby there 6 weeks ago and my nurse was the best she stayed with me from 7 am (when she stared) til way after her shift until i delivered.  During my epidural she was my support and tended to all family  concerns and needs. Once my baby was born she got big hugs from all of us.  My OB was the best too his name was DR Mellon, he is highly recommended.  Good luck    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"