Food Allergy
Options

Polyvisol and MPI

I've been off major dairy for over 3 months and hidden for over 2 and after a few weeks of cutting everything DD no longer had blood in her diaper and her eczema cleared up (her only symptoms). Her eczema came back a couple weeks ago but the doctor figured it was due to it getting colder and drier and having the heat on. He told us to start a multivitamin so we started Polyvisol. It's been a week and a half and now there's specs of blood in her diaper again. Could there be hidden dairy in the "natural flavors"? Anyone else have a problem with this?

Re: Polyvisol and MPI

• Options
    I don't have an answer since I am new to this. I just cut out dairy 3 days ago, but I have wondered about the Dvisol making my sons symptoms worse.

W (02/2009), N (08/2012), and C (04/2014)
  • Options
    Yep, there could be hidden dairy or soy in "natural flavors". Is it possible for you to call the manufacture and ask? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Does it contain caramel coloring? That can be hidden dairy or soy. I know D visol contains caramel coloring and it made DD2 miserable. Although, a while ago, someone posted that they called and Enfamil said the coloring is derived from corn, not dairy or soy. 

We switched to Carlson D drops instead. It's just vitamin D suspended in coconut oil and it only takes one *drop* per day. Bf babies don't really need anything more than vit D. Our milk has all the other vitamins they need.  

Have you tried cutting soy? A lot of milk protein intolerant babies are also soy intolerant. I wonder if that would help LO's eczema. You might play with your diet and see if you can find a connection. DD2 developed eczema after I was dairy and soy free. I ended up cutting out all nuts too, and her eczema was gone a week later.  

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    I never cut soy because DD got better after just the dairy. I knew she could have soybean oil because while we were diagnosing she was on nutramigen and that is one of the ingredients and everything was ok then too.  Is it possible it could have just developed? We had nearly a month of perfection during which I ate soy oil and lecithin because i had readvthat was often safe as well. I probably had soy sauce a couple of times. Other than that I don't think anything I was eating had soy (I checked most things back when we were diagnosing in case I had to cut soy too). I think I'm going to go a couple of days without the vitamins to see if she gets better. And if she does I'll go with the Carlson drops, if not I guess I'll have to try cutting the little bit of soy I'm eating.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"