December 2011 Moms
Options

Christmas

I'm sure there have been posts about this, but I'm on my phone and can't find much!! What are you getting your LO for birthday/Christmas? I'm kind of at a loss. I have DD1 who is 3.5 and DD2 who will be 1 dec 5. Dd1 is easy. We got her the Innotab2 and I'm going to get some clothes and just other fun girly stuff. DD2 has access to all of DD1s things though... Play kitchen, baby stroller that she loves to push, etc... I just don't know what else to get her. She's been walking since 9 months, so most of the walker things would be pointless! What are y'all getting?

Re: Christmas

• Options

Fisher Price Zoo Talkers Zoo and accessories, classic FP xlophone, couple of IKEA toys, another shape sorter and Melissa & Doug puzzles.

My parents got him a Cozy Coupe, Vtech alphabet train and PBK Anywhere Chair for the two. 

In general, trying to get things he can grow into or is likely to enjoy for a while since all of his gift time is once/year, so need 18-24 month stuff too. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We haven't shopped yet, but we're planning on getting a PBK or Land of Nod chair and a sand and/or water table as our 2 big presents.  Other options for us are a baby doll and stroller, some shape sorters and puzzles.  I can't believe how fast time is going...  I need to start shopping!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You know, I have no doubt that my daughter's grandparents and aunts and uncles will give her a plethora of fun toys, books, and clothes.  We only have a one-bedroom apartment.  My daughter doesn't even have her own room . . . we move her crib back and forth between our bedroom and the living room.

I'm thinking maybe this year, we'll make a donation to her college fund, and then wrap a whole bunch of nonsense presents, such as empty boxes, things that make fun noises when shaken, and some of her toys that she already loves.  She will have endless fun playing with the wrapping paper, etc.  Hope this doesn't make me a negligent parent, but I think she won't know the difference this year, and she'll still have plenty of real gifts from family.

BabyFetus Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    What we've bought
    books
    wooden puzzle
    baby Stella and the bath set surprise from mama
    b toys four pack of cars we gave her 1 in Sept. and will give her 1 for Christmas and then the other 2 for Easter
    surprise something from daddy
    walmart 2 for 9 cd and nursery rhyme books

For her birthday
    Daddy already has something
    I will get her more for baby Stella stroller if no one gets her one for Christmas
    We will give her a dimple Bizoux Bizoux robe
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's hard when you already have an older child and your baby can play with their outgrown toys.  My MIL asked for gift ideas for DS and I had to struggle to come up with stuff. Definitely shoes (he's not walking yet but probably will be in the next month or two), probably a musical play table (Fisher Price or Leapfrog), mega blocks, various other toys that DD will probably appropriate and DS won't care as long as he can play with the box.  Since we are moving and he's finally getting his own room, we'll get stuff like a bookcase and maybe some wall decor.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    I don't have anything specific yet that we are getting her - we are kinda last minute shoppers and will more than likely shop the week of Christmas and see what we can find.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options

The fisher price zoo, a few mega block sets, ballapalooza, FI is dead set on a furby but I'm not so sure about that one yet...

I'll also do a bunch of little things for her stocking, little board books, maybe some weebles, little people, etc.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    We have gotten him the fp zoo and accessories for his birthday. For Christmas, we have more small things. I took him along to 'test' the things I was going to get him. He's really not too big into toys and I was afraid he wouldn't care for what I picked. The winners have been the Jingle dog that barks along with a book. He literally had a melt down when I took that from him. He loves it. He also really likes this small house thing that I picked up. It has different things on all the sides that he can push or open and it makes noise. I can't even remember the brand or name of it! He also has a big crawl through house from my grandma coming and a mickey mouse barn set from my mom that he went wild over in the store! We have a few other small things as well. I got a couple of puzzles second hand from a friend, and an alphabet sorter thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"