Special Needs
Options

DS having MRI

DS2 is having an MRI with a contrast agent done. Has anyone ever had a child go through this? I'm wondering what I might expect from the procedure. Was your child sedated? How did he/she react? I'm trying to prepare myself.

Re: DS having MRI

• Options

As Auntie directed you, the FAQ's have some great answers to your questions.

DS1 has had 2 MRI's.

If you have any more specific questions after consulting the FAQ's please feel free to ask. 

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Options
    That's a pretty descriptive post; thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS was 5 when he had an MRI of his brain for headaches and vomiting. He was able to hold still and do it without sedation. I have had MRI contrast myself with no issues. Good luck to you both!
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Options
    Ds has numerous MRIs and was sedated until he was about 8 or so, he used to panic. No troubles with that now, he naps while listening to music. He never reacted to the contrast, but the sedation made him goofy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"