Eco-Friendly Family
Options

dining room table cleaner

Anyone make their own? I was using an all purpose cleaner but I think its ruining the finish. Not sure what to use on wood that will still get it clean and not ruin it! Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
Eliot. Born 6/18/10
Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
D&C 1/10/12
My Blog
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: dining room table cleaner

• Options

Soap and water?

I'm not one that feels its necessary to disinfect every single surface so we just use a dishcloth with a little soap and water. Raw meat or anything else that would cause concern ever touch our dining furniture so I'm comfortable with that. Even then I think I'd still just use soap and water.  

• Options
    Yea, I think soap and water is great too, but from everything I've read about wood table care it's going to start to ruin the finish if that's what you regularly use to clean with.
    DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmm, well we've not had any problems in the past 7 years with our tables being wiped down with water.  That's how we wipe down after a meal as well as "dusting" it.  We have both a cheapy IKEA table and a nicer solid wood table we bought in Belgium that neither show wear or adverse effects.  I suppose it could depend on what type of finish it has on it and exactly how you're cleaning. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"