December 2011 Moms
Options

"Warnings" no one ever gave you

You know how everyone always says "be prepared for xyz" insert, lack of sleep, always worrying, etc. your standard parental warnings that you hear when you're pregnant?

Well what are some that you would give to an expecting mom, that maybe you never heard? 

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: "Warnings" no one ever gave you

• Options

Mine is "Be prepared to not eat a hot, full meal... ever" and "Be prepared to never shower in peace again"

There's the standard baby intuition, how they just know mom is about to eat so they start screaming? But since M has been on table foods, so the past 3-4 months, I have not been able to eat a solid meal, let alone a hot one. I'm either cutting hers up or she's grabbing everything from me or she's screaming for whatever I have! (Down fall of LO eating everything you do...)

As for showering... M loves and I mean LOVES water! So I either have to have her int he shower with me or she's standing on the edge trying to climb over and screaming at me to bring her in. If she's sleeping I have to have the monitor in there and I jump at every little crackle.

• Options
    You could die. Have your will ready.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Could you just put her in the crib while you shower? 
    photo IMG_2317_zpsa2789747.jpg
  • Options

imagelintscreen:
    Could you just put her in the crib while you shower? 

That is what I do.He plays in his pnp while I shower. I have even been known to take a bubble bath! Lucky for me I have a pretty independent kid.

I would have liked to have known about the hot flashes and weepiness for the first month after birth. That was crazy and scared me, and there was little mention of it in my baby books. I make sure to tell my ku'ed friends about that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I have found the past week I've put her in her PnP first thing in the am, right after she wakes up and nurses. I'll generally give her toys and turn on the TV to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse... sometimes I'm able to make it through the full episode but sometimes she'll get bored and start screaming after 10mins. She's very independent but she hates being confined to a PnP or crib! She just wants to cruise around and get into everything!

I second the hot flashes, I dealt with really bad ones for a few weeks PP and they scared me.

• Options

I guess my "warning" would be about the baby blues and PPD.  I truly only thought in order to have Post Partum Depression you had to be crying all the time and not want to bond with your baby.  Not true at all.  I wish I could have known that so I could have gotten medication sooner.  7 months was too long to wait.

photo IMG_2317_zpsa2789747.jpg
  • Options
    imagelintscreen:

I guess my "warning" would be about the baby blues and PPD.  I truly only thought in order to have Post Partum Depression you had to be crying all the time and not want to bond with your baby.  Not true at all.  I wish I could have known that so I could have gotten medication sooner.  7 months was too long to wait.

This exactly.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.  I felt completely overwhelmed all the time.  I was angry at my DH all the time.  Freaking out over everything with DD.  Checking her car seat constantly waking up 2-3x/night (when she wasn't waking up on her own) to check on her. 

After my MC in September it was worse.  I then got the nerve up to discuss it with the Dr. She gave me meds, and I've been taking them, and feelilng normal again.  It is fantastic.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"