Two Under 2

For those of you that got pregnant while still breastfeeding...

How did you know?

I read on a website that when you get pregnant while breastfeeding, your nipples become sore. I've been having really sore nipples for a week or so now.

My nipple pain was getting better and she doesn't have a problem with her latch so I'm just curious if this could be the reason? I'm looking at other possibilities too.

Thanks in advance!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: For those of you that got pregnant while still breastfeeding...

• My supply tanked. I was still pumping at work twice daily and was barely getting 2oz at each session. I had one PP AF and when it didn't show up the 5 weeks later I POAS.

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
    Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
    IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
    Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
    Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • My supply had been low so I tried the pineapple juice method. It has helped. And I had one PP AF too, so I guess I'll just wait and see it comes again.

Thanks for replying!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My supply has also decreased, but we are slowly weening so it wasn't a huge deal. 

I knew because of the walls of exhaustion that would hit me and the crazy dreams I am having even during short naps.

No problems with my nipples.  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • my nipples got sore and she was nursing longer and more often. I had no issues with supply and at her age she was normally done in 10 min (both sides total). 

I remember I was eating a ton and on a whim took a test....I was almost 3 months pg when I found out (after hometest went in for ultrasound).

I never had AF and was on the mini pill.  

Have you tried oatmeal to increase your supply? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I knew because I missed my period. I never had supply issues or any other BFing related symptoms until later on when I became so exhausted I could hardly get off the couch.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • I did try the oatmeal but I didn't find it helped as much as the pineapple juice.

Thanks everyone for the responses, I'm gonna wait and see if AF comes in a few days, if not I'll try a home test. =)

• Not pregnant while BF'ing but started experiencing a LOT of tenderness adn supply loss when AF returned while BF'ing.

Time to POAS to put your mind at ease. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • My breasts were noticeably more sensitive, and low and behold it was because I was pregnant.
  • imageOceanPearl2:

My supply has also decreased, but we are slowly weening so it wasn't a huge deal. 

I knew because of the walls of exhaustion that would hit me and the crazy dreams I am having even during short naps.

This!! I am a little tender if she dream nurses too long though! Also I have major hip pain when pregnant (even the early weeks!!) so that made me test!! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageOceanPearl2:

My supply has also decreased, but we are slowly weening so it wasn't a huge deal. 

This!! I am a little tender if she dream nurses too long though! Also I have major hip pain when pregnant (even the early weeks!!) so that made me test!! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was just really nauseous. My supply never had a noticeable dip and I didn't have AF in between. DS2 weaned himself completely about a month and a half before DS3 was born.
  • My nursing/pumping supply absolutely TANKED - like from 12oz a day at work down to 4oz, almost overnight. Yep, sure enough, I was pregnant! :)
    Baby Blog
    BFP#1 5.27.10 DS became an angel at 21 weeks on 9.22.10
    BFP#2 4.16.11 Healthy baby girl born 12.14.11
    BFP#3 9.3.12 A healthy, bouncing baby SISTER on the way! EDD 5.12.13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I actually had RLP (and yeah, turned out I was only 4 1/2 weeks along, but it was unmistakable!).  That coupled with the fact that I was not using BC, having sex with my H, and had had a pp period led me to believe I might be pregnant.  And I was/am!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I thought I was pregnant when DS was about 3 months old; I POAS and negative. Turned out it was just my hormones adjusting themselves. I got an actual positive a couple months after I started weaning DS. It was hard to say what the symptoms were because there are just so many changes to your body during the whole baby process.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought I was sick with some kind of flu.  I felt like I got hit by a truck and was exhausted.  On a whim POAS.  I was shocked, I had only had 2 PP AF and needed Clomid to get PG the first time due to long, irregular cycles, didn't think it would happen without my knowing/trying.
  • We were TTC while I was BF I also had one AF so when it didn't show up I tested and was pregnant.  Lost the baby and 5 months later while still nursing I got pregnant again.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I knew when I POAS ;) but I had my first suspicion when DD2 suddenly self weaned, as I had read before that pregnancy can change the taste of breast milk and some babies don't like the change in taste.

With DD1, I got my first pp period a little after 11 months. DD2's first birthday came and went with no sign of AF. When she suddenly self-weaned 2 weeks later, I started getting suspicious. I decided to wait until she was 13 months to test and lo and behold, the test came back positive. Based on my dating ultra sound, I would have been a little over 3 weeks pregnant when DD2 self-weaned, so I guess my milk-changed-taste theory could hold true.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I knew that we had unprotected sex during my fertile window, so when I got to day 31 of my cycle with no period, I tested. My nipples didn't get sore until middle of week 5, so about a week or so after I tested. I had other times when my nipples would get sore though that were unrelated to pregnancy. I seemed to get sore if he was going through a growth spurt and wanting to eat more often. Has that been a difference at all lately?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"