Babies: 9 - 12 Months

teething

My son is 10 months old and is starting to teeth. a tiny bit of his top front tooth is pokeing through. i just bought him some teething gel for him but doesnt seem like it helped much.. i feel so bad for him and just dont know what todo... anyone else going through this

Re: teething

• Yup! I just noticed another bottom one poking through this am. That will make 3 new ones in about 2 weeks!! She's quite a cranky girl sometimes! We don't use teething gel, but the tablets have helped a little. We try to limit the Tylenol, but that is definitely what helps her most. I typically will use it if she has had crappy naps and want her to sleep at night. We definitely have days where it gets used it every 6 hours though. I recently discovered she LOVED the mesh bag with frozen peaches and that seemed to give some relief. Good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our pedi says ibprophren works better for teething. We give it to him when we see teeth poking through, especially right before bed. It's the only thing that works for him.
  • Loading the player...
  • We try the gel and didn't work for my DD, also we try tylenol and ibuprofen and didn't help neither, the only thing it's being working to alleviate her gums is the say Ah gel, teething pods from BabyGanics they are all natural (just clove and coconut oil) and she likes the flavor too so she let us put it on her! You probably can find it at some Targets or babies r us, and amazon, hope your LO gets some relieve!
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hylands teething tablets. All natural and they WORK. Three tiny tabs that dissolve almost instantly. He got two teeth at 6 months and just yesterday cut his 3rd. The 4th is on its way and the tablets are allowing him to rest peacefully. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Agree with the hyland tabs.  It takes the edge off and allows them to relax.  DD won't nurse if she's cutting a tooth - until I give her a few tabs then she's fine and will nurse to sleep.  4 teeth so far and never an OTC for my kiddo, just homeopathic - rescue remedy drops are good for calming too - and frozen washcloths to gnaw on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"