Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Just when I thought things were okay (UPDATED)

So I had an u/s today due to the decreased fetal movement and was told everything was great. Growth is good, heart rate etc. Then my OB just called a few min ago to tell me there were some minor abnormalities that are "probably nothing." One, the ventricles in his brain are on the higher end of normal sizewise. She said this is common in boys and usually means nothing. But there is also some sort of abnormality with the choroid plexus, which sometimes goes along with trisomy 18. I had the NT scan, though, and it was very good, so she doesn't think it's that. Bottom line, she's going to talk to my MFM tomorrow and see what they think. She kept saying "don't worry." Yeah right. Does anyone have any experience with any of these findings? Oh and she also said the radiologist who read this is kind of "over zealous" and tends to pick apart every little thing.

*Update* A doctor at my MFM's office read the report today and says these could be "normal variances," but all we can do is wait and see. I have the anatomy scan in 2 weeks. I can't believe I have to stay in limbo until then. The fact that my NT scan/BW was normal helps a little, but it's not 100%. Apparently I have a tendency to be in that 1-2% where something goes wrong. I'm not sure how I'm going to do this for the next 2 weeks.

imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mother to DD, born sleeping on 9/28/11, and DS, born 3/12/13, 5lbs 13oz, 19in

Re: Just when I thought things were okay (UPDATED)

• Options

A girl on my anni board has a daughter whose ventricles were enlarged in utero.  She had some MRIs and they kept an eye on it, but she's almost a year old and seems to be doing very well!

I'm sorry you have to deal with this.  ((hugs))

<3<3 "You know my name, not my story.
    You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through.
    If you were in my shoes, you'd fall the first step." <3<3

• Options
    Thanks ladies. Our friends are here with their little boys to go trick or treating and all she wants to talk about is the pregnancy. I don't think I can do this.
    imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am sorry you are dealing with this, I will pray for you my love.
    Me(26)DH(33)
    TTC for #1 since Jan 2010
    BFP #1 Oct 1 2010 MC Oct 3 2010
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011
    3 rounds of Clomid all BFN
    BFP #2 10/12/12 Beta #1 45.1 Beta #2 160.7 * 2/27 diagnosed with IEF in utero.
    Dalaney born @ 35w2d via emergency C-section due to Pre-E after 30 hrs of labor & losing her HB twice. She weighed 5lbs 8oz & was 19in long on May 26th 2013 @ 605am

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   image

"Severe truth is expressed with some bitterness."
  • Options
    ((Hugs)) Im sorry you have to worry about this. Hang in there, sending t&ps that it is nothing to worry about.
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Options
    (Hugs) I'm sorry you've been given something to worry about when being PgAL is more than enough. I don't have experience with this but I do work in healthcare and I know the code we use for describing our co-workers when having to be professional and not cut their credibility. The fact that she mentioned the radiologist and her/his tendency to be "over zealous" says a lot to me. My assumption is that if your OB truly thinks everything is fine but has to let you know as it is listed by the radiologist. Nonetheless, I am very sorry you are going through this.
    BFP#1 11/25/11 EDD 08/09/12 MMC 01/30/12 D&C 02/01/12
    BFP#2 09/11/12 beta1=72 @13dpo beta2=160 @14dpo beta3=over 6000 @24dpo U/S @7w2dd hb=146bpm U/S @8w5d hb=159bpm U/S @12w hb=164bpm
    EDD 05/20/13
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options

imageAudUy:
    (Hugs) I'm sorry you've been given something to worry about when being PgAL is more than enough. I don't have experience with this but I do work in healthcare and I know the code we use for describing our co-workers when having to be professional and not cut their credibility. The fact that she mentioned the radiologist and her/his tendency to be "over zealous" says a lot to me. My assumption is that if your OB truly thinks everything is fine but has to let you know as it is listed by the radiologist. Nonetheless, I am very sorry you are going through this.

This is good to know.

Thank you all so much for the T&P's.

imageimageimage

• Options
    I'm sorry, this would probably give me a heart attack too. They don't really how "not worrying" is totally impossible for us.

FX that is truly is nothing. Please keep us posted?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bumped for update.
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"