January 2013 Moms
Options

UOs anyone?

I don't have any good ones...
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller

Re: UOs anyone?

• Options

imagePrivacyWanted:
    After last night I think there should be some screening for being allowed to ToT. If you are old enough to be a slutty X, you are too old to be knocking on doors for candy. Same goes for the pregnant ladies... old enough too get KU, means too old to ToT without a child in tow...not just in your belly

I totally agree...also, put your kid in a costume! I saw so many kids out last night in regular clothes.  Lazy!

• Options
    I don't like siggy challenges. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCherylAnn789:

imagePrivacyWanted:
    After last night I think there should be some screening for being allowed to ToT. If you are old enough to be a slutty X, you are too old to be knocking on doors for candy. Same goes for the pregnant ladies... old enough too get KU, means too old to ToT without a child in tow...not just in your belly

I totally agree...also, put your kid in a costume! I saw so many kids out last night in regular clothes.  Lazy!

ita. There should also be a rule about not digging into the bowl like a crazy candy fiend. I had to hold the bowl up a few times bc rude kids kept grabbing huge handfuls before I could even open the darn door!  

But I will give a pass to kids 3 and younger not in costume. Ds REFUSED his costume up until the very last minute. I think he finally "got" it when he saw other ToTers in costume.

But I also get pissy with ToTing outside the allotted time slots. People came at 3pm to our house and woke Ds up from his nap! Grrrr 

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    imageLaurelBee:
    imageCherylAnn789:

imagePrivacyWanted:

ita. There should also be a rule about not digging into the bowl like a crazy candy fiend. I had to hold the bowl up a few times bc rude kids kept grabbing huge handfuls before I could even open the darn door!  

But I will give a pass to kids 3 and younger not in costume. Ds REFUSED his costume up until the very last minute. I think he finally "got" it when he saw other ToTers in costume.

But I also get pissy with ToTing outside the allotted time slots. People came at 3pm to our house and woke Ds up from his nap! Grrrr 

These weren't toddlers.  They were like 5,6 or 8,9 year olds. 

• Options
    I don't feel like working, on anything. My job, school work, we are building a house. I just want to throw in the towel and run away. I know this would be unpopular with my boss, teachers, parents, and boyfirend. I'm pooped.
  • Options

imageAllycat11:

Me neither.

I don't like HDBD either, mainly because I keep forgetting to take pictures of myself while pregnant. I need to become better at taking pictures in general. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

4 losses- MC in 2006, MMC in February 2012 at 12 weeks and MMC (twins) August 2016 at 12 weeks. Pregnant again- 11/7/16. Another loss on December 28, 2016.

BFP April 23, 2017.  Our triple rainbow baby! EDD: January 2, 2018. It's a boy!
  • Options
    I don't feel like working on anything.  That includes work, school, and we are building a house.  I know that would be unpopular with my boss, advisor, parents, and boyfriend.  I'm pooped.
  • Options
    Computer malfunction.  I put this on there twice.  Ooops.
  • Options
    I think our board is way too P&R. I miss the snark from the other boards.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker}

Lots of love TBBFF lobosabby!! Always rooting for the TTGP girls

My Chart

• Options
    I don't think a picture of a baby with food on his/her face is cute. I actually think it's gross.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageSouthernpeach80:

I completely agree.

Also, kind of on the same topic, I hate when people blame the snark on hormones. 

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options

I agree with the ToT's comments - we had so many kids come to our house last night with their regular clothes on. I wanted to ask what they 'were' but their parents were with them. Honestly - you can come out of something in your closet if you don't have the money for a costume (and they were like 7+) I also think there should be an age limit on ToT - apparently here there isn't, in my hometown its 12 and I fully agree with it.

Also - the stupid little boys who came to the door last night (they were like 11) and barked at my dog (who still doesn't understand Halloween, she's a year and a half) and got her all worked up, I could of screamed at. Have some manners!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I don't mind teenage trick-or-treaters. My friends and I did it until we were seniors in high school. We used to get a lot of nasty comments from people. Who cares?!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I think that trick or treating in daylight should be forbidden. 90% of the fun is being out late after dark.

It totally ruined my DH's haunted maze in our garage because everyone was done by 6:30 and it didn't get dark until 6:45.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageRunner313:

imageAllycat11:

Me neither.

I don't like HDBD either, mainly because I keep forgetting to take pictures of myself while pregnant. I need to become better at taking pictures in general. 

both of these 

Anniversary

\

• Options
    imageAllycat11:

imageSouthernpeach80:

I completely agree.

Also, kind of on the same topic, I hate when people blame the snark on hormones. 

I agree. I've always been sarcastic. And snark makes boards interesting.

My UO is that I don't like baby showers. I'm super greatful to my hostesses but everyone staring at me while I open gifts makes me feel very awkward. "Oh look at this...more baby clothes! I'm sure this will be super useful. Thanks for not buying anything I actually need." <....what I wish I could say. Not to mention everyone giving me advice. I'd rather just hang out with some friends and the focus not be on my fetus. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagePrivacyWanted:

Ugh, ITA!  I don't think this is an UO though ;)  

Seriously, if you can buy yourself the slutty _________ costume, you can buy your own candy.  

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    imagejamers601:

imageAllison546:
    I don't think a picture of a baby with food on his/her face is cute. I actually think it's gross.

I think it's super cute. I love the pics of my son when he ate spaghetti for the first time.  

I agree that pics of Ds with food smeared all over his face are cute. And it makes me smile bc it reminds me how much fun we were having!

BUT I also realize those are pictures only a mother can love :) I may gag a little when I see kids with mystery foods dripping from their chin!  

Rap Roller
  • Options
    imageLaurelBee:
    imagejamers601:

imageAllison546:

I think it's super cute. I love the pics of my son when he ate spaghetti for the first time.  

I agree that pics of Ds with food smeared all over his face are cute. And it makes me smile bc it reminds me how much fun we were having!

BUT I also realize those are pictures only a mother can love :) I may gag a little when I see kids with mystery foods dripping from their chin!  

Yes, definitely will admit I'll probably think it's cute when it's my own kid. :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageSouthernpeach80:

I would like a little more heated discussions! But I definitely don't miss random biiitchiness  

Rap Roller
  • Options
    imageLaurelBee:
    imagejamers601:

imageAllison546:

I also don't like photos of babies with food all over their face unless I can tell what the food is! Sometimes it just looks like they puked all over the place. 

• Options

I thought it was weird that we had a dad on our bmb.

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Options
    imagelulamagoo:

Huh... where did he go?  Did he GBCB after the miscarriage thread thing?

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Most of the time I can't stand other people's kids. I love kids, don't get me wrong but they are almost always bratty and just spoiled and not well behaved. I love the respectful ones. It gives me something to strive for with my own parenting. A little discipline!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageAllycat11:

imageSouthernpeach80:

I completely agree.

Amen to both of these!  I was originally on the Sept 2012 board an it was so much snarkier than this one.  Also, if you're being a b!tch it's most likely because you're a b!tch.  Now if you are crying because you're out of pepperoni and can't make pizza quickies for dinnner (yes I did this and yes W went out to find me some pepperoni) then it's hormones.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    imagehansonam446:
    imageAllycat11:

imageSouthernpeach80:

I completely agree.

My UO is that I don't like baby showers. I'm super greatful to my hostesses but everyone staring at me while I open gifts makes me feel very awkward. "Oh look at this...more baby clothes! I'm sure this will be super useful. Thanks for not buying anything I actually need." <....what I wish I could say. Not to mention everyone giving me advice. I'd rather just hang out with some friends and the focus not be on my fetus. 

I am so glad I will never have another baby shower again and glad I only had one. My face hurt from smiling afterwards and I was sweating even though it was cold in the house. I am beyond grateful for it, don't get me wrong but I don't need to ever do it again. I am actually glad I got some clothes though because I have a hard time spending money on something that will only last baby a few months and all my contributions to her closet are from clearance racks or things that come in a pack of 5 :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageSouthernpeach80:

I totally agree.  There have been many times when I've just rolled my eyes at a post but didn't post anything because I didn't want to hurt the posters feelings.

• Options
    imagesbevmc09:
    imagelulamagoo:

No, I was bored one day and went on the dads & dads-to-be board and it looks like he just posts there now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I hate Babies R Us - will not shop there - and think everyone else should ban them too. They are overpriced, have terrible return/exchange/store credit policies, don't carry much in the way of organic or "newer age" products (not talking about food).

I gave them a piece of my mind the other day at the cash register. I think that between Amazon, Target and some other reputable baby stores, that we could all stop shopping there and they could go out of business and I'd be quite happy.

It'll never happen, I know.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesbevmc09:
    imagelulamagoo:

He's sticking to the dad's board because of that thread.

• Options
    imagetsweet16:
    imagehansonam446:
    imageAllycat11:

imageSouthernpeach80:

I completely agree.

I am so glad I will never have another baby shower again and glad I only had one. My face hurt from smiling afterwards and I was sweating even though it was cold in the house. I am beyond grateful for it, don't get me wrong but I don't need to ever do it again. I am actually glad I got some clothes though because I have a hard time spending money on something that will only last baby a few months and all my contributions to her closet are from clearance racks or things that come in a pack of 5 :) 

Yes me too! And I felt trapped, like I HAD to talk to everyone and keep them entertained. I know everyone's first instinct is to buy baby clothes; trust me I've done it too! But my husband and I are particular about what we like and there's such a limited selection for boys it can be frustrating! Needless to say we aren't into sports but got a lot of "Daddy's Little Slugger" onesies when I would much rather get a pack of diapers or wipes. But I had to make a big show of cooing over each outfit. It was weird and silence made me that much more nervous!

• Options
    imagewootownlady:

I hate Babies R Us - will not shop there - and think everyone else should ban them too. They are overpriced, have terrible return/exchange/store credit policies, don't carry much in the way of organic or "newer age" products (not talking about food).

I gave them a piece of my mind the other day at the cash register. I think that between Amazon, Target and some other reputable baby stores, that we could all stop shopping there and they could go out of business and I'd be quite happy.

I completely agree. It's WAY expensive. I didn't even register there and refuse to shop there. I registered at Target and Amazon ;)

• Options
    imagehansonam446:
    imagesbevmc09:
    imagelulamagoo:

He's sticking to the dad's board because of that thread.

Betchya he still lurks ::waves hi to Voltwhatchyacallhim:: 

Rap Roller
  • Options
    imagehansonam446:
    imagetsweet16:
    imagehansonam446:
    imageAllycat11:

imageSouthernpeach80:

I completely agree.

Yes me too! And I felt trapped, like I HAD to talk to everyone and keep them entertained. I know everyone's first instinct is to buy baby clothes; trust me I've done it too! But my husband and I are particular about what we like and there's such a limited selection for boys it can be frustrating! Needless to say we aren't into sports but got a lot of "Daddy's Little Slugger" onesies when I would much rather get a pack of diapers or wipes. But I had to make a big show of cooing over each outfit. It was weird and silence made me that much more nervous!

I completely agree with all of this. My church insists on throwing a baby shower for all of it's mothers to be but they never buy anything off of the registries. Now I'm finding out they love to text you and call you three days beforehand and ask what you need. I really want to tell people to look at the F&%*$&* registry and stop asking but I try and be nice. I'm super annoyed at the whole thing and can't wait for it to be over.

• Options
    imagehansonam446:
    imagewootownlady:

I completely agree. It's WAY expensive. I didn't even register there and refuse to shop there. I registered at Target and Amazon ;)

Except where I am BRU or Amazon are your only options. And my family doesn't think far enough ahead to buy off of Amazon, the few that do have internet access, so if I want things that I will actually need without a billion of the same baby outfit from Walmart it was best for me to register at BRU.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    I hate the sappy "30 Days of Thankfulness" posts on FB, so I made my own.  Today, I am thankful for hookers and cheap booze.  I've already been unfriended a couple of times.  Their loss.  They won't get to see the other awesome things I'm thankful for Wink
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I think anyone that says "every vote counts" doesn't understand how the voting process and electoral college works. Your vote matters more in swing states than solidly red or blue states. 

I also think it's crazy how people get so riled up over presidential elections but don't vote for or even know who their senators and representatives are. And they're the ones who actually pass laws.

I'm not voting because I'm tired of having to choose between who sucks less. 

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options

imageMadeOfAwesome:
    I hate the sappy "30 Days of Thankfulness" posts on FB, so I made my own.  Today, I am thankful for hookers and cheap booze.  I've already been unfriended a couple of times.  Their loss.  They won't get to see the other awesome things I'm thankful for Wink

bahaha!  love it!

I also hate baby showers.  I'm thankful for mine and for the support I've been given by friends and family, but they are really overrated.  I LOVE wedding showers, though.  Maybe because the gifts are more eclectic and they serve alcohol?  There's only so much commentary for a bunch of bibs, onesies, and burp cloths.

• Options
    imagelulamagoo:

THANK YOU.  I didn't want to be the one to say it... 

• Options

I think people take the being excited to touch and talk to the baby (the mother's stomach actually) way too far. My boss for example takes every chance she gets to grab my stomach, lean down and yell "Ohh Him NEEEDDDDSSSSS me" WTF umm no, HE doesn't need YOU he needs ME! You are my boss, nothing more to this baby. It's weird and awkward.

I've never really understood people other than close family and the closest of closest friends touching pregnant women. I know some people are fine with it, but not everyone is and people should always ask permission.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"