January 2013 Moms
Options

Name poll..

[POLL] 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Name poll..

• Options
    I wouldbpronounce it Lily AN a. I voted for Lillian though, Lillianna sounds like such a mouthful. Would it be shorten anyway to Lillian likely? I think it is very pretty tough! Go with what you love!!
    DS #1 10/21/06 DD #2 04/11/10 DS #3 01/28/13 Edd #4 08/28/15 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I LOVE Lilli-ON-a...so I voted for that one, but I like the way Lillian Rayne sounds better...lol...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would pronounce it Lili-An-a.  Beautiful name!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options

I would pronounce it Li-li-ON-uh just because I had a coworker with a granddaughter named that, so I'm used to the name, but she spelled it Liliana I think. 

EDIT:  To answer the other part of your question, I do think Liliana Rayne has a much better flow than Lilian Rayne.  The similar -an/-ayne endings are repetitive to my ear, and I think the "-ana" ending helps to break it up a bit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I like Lillian better.

As for the pronunciation, I think with the double N it says ANN-a, If it were Liliana it would say ON-a.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We were going the Lily-ON-a. I like it spelled Liliana too.. but idk. I love Lilian as well, so it's a hard decision! ugh! 
  • Options
    I would never think to pronounce it Lily-AN-uh. The only way I've ever heard it and pronounce it myself is Lily-On-uh. I have one in my class this year and it's a beautiful name. Can't go wrong either way!

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would pronounce it "Lily-on-a" but I voted for Lillian anyway.
  • Options

I would pronounce it lili-ON-ah. THe other sounds weird to me for some reason. 

Honestly I think both flow nicely with your mn. A thought - lilianna/liliana could be NNd lilian if you wanted.  

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    I'd say it Lily-on-a. But I like Lillian better so I voted for that.  :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    As the mother of a "Juliana" - where I pronounce it "aaaannna"  not "ohna" I can tell you that no matter what, people will pronounce it however they want. or they seem to think 4 syllable names are too much and will shorten it to Lilly (for their sake/laziness) whether you like it or not.  Go with what you love, pronounce it how you want, and be happy - it's a gorgeous name/MN combo.  Sometimes people will ask how you prefer to pronounce it and others will say whatever they want no matter how many times they hear you say it differently. 
  • Options
    I voted for Lili-ON-na.  I think I technically like Lillian Rayne together better, but I like Lilianna better than Lillian.  Would you call her Lili?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would pronounce it Lily-ON-ah, but I like the sound of Lillian Rayne together better.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

image+lisamarie+:
    I wouldbpronounce it Lily AN a. I voted for Lillian though, Lillianna sounds like such a mouthful. Would it be shorten anyway to Lillian likely? I think it is very pretty tough! Go with what you love!!

same thing.

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options

image+lisamarie+:

same thing.

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options

imageSmiley-1980:
    I would pronounce it Lily-ON-ah, but I like the sound of Lillian Rayne together better.

This. 

• Options
    I would pronounce it lilyona. Both very pretty names!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd say Lily On Uh
  • Options

Thank you all!! :) I think we are going to go with Lilianna, with her nickname being Lily. We've been back and forth with the name for a little while but I think this is it! YAY! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"