halloween candy — The Bump
Pre-School

halloween candy

What do you hand out for Halloween?  I bought pretzel snack packs as slightly healthier alternative but DH snubs his nose at it and says that no child would be excited to get pretzels as a treat.   

Do you hand out chocolate, candy, or what? 

P1170078
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Etsy Shop

Re: halloween candy

• ToT'ng neighborhood kids we are doing candy and play-dough (for the younger kids). At school I donated candy, temp tattoos and glow bracelets. But yea, the older kids just want candy. Pretzels are much tastier than raisins Big Smile
    Mommy of two girls: DD1 4/14/9 DD2 4/15/11
    [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/1zzndkl.jpg[/IMG]
  • Candy. We have a big mixture with suckers and chewy candy. DD doesn't like chocolate, so we didn't buy any.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Candy. Chocolate variety. It is once a year. I agree with your husband.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a mix of candy - starburst, skittles, and candy bars. Kids, especially older kids, really don't want anything but candy.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We only get a handful of kids in our area and we always hand out candy.  DH bought a bag of 4 sample size candies - I think it has Snickers, Milky Way and can't recall the 2 others. 
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Mini chocolate candy bars. Halloween trick or treating isn't about being healthy.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • We don't get many trick or treaters, so I buy mixed bags of chocolate candy, like twix, m&ms, and snickers....so I can enjoy the leftovers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had mini bags of chocolate chip cookies, but the only person we saw was the UPS driver. We gave him some :)

This was our first year trick or treating and we went to a big downtown event. We went into a few places and got a TON of candy. DS is only allowed candy once in awhile so most will get thrown away. I wish some places handed out stickers or pencils or bubbles as an alternative. 

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We gave out mostly chocolates and I had some twizzlers and skittles too. I figure if people have serious issues w/ their kids getting candy once a year, they shouldn't go ToT to people they don't know. DD gets stickers and goldfish @ her school's Halloween festivities and for the 5 houses we made it to last night before she got cold and wanted to go home, I'm happy to let her eat 2 pieces of candy a night for a week. She'll forget in about 4 days anyway.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards