Pre-School and Daycare

halloween candy

What do you hand out for Halloween?  I bought pretzel snack packs as slightly healthier alternative but DH snubs his nose at it and says that no child would be excited to get pretzels as a treat.   

Do you hand out chocolate, candy, or what? 

P1170078
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Etsy Shop

Re: halloween candy

• ToT'ng neighborhood kids we are doing candy and play-dough (for the younger kids). At school I donated candy, temp tattoos and glow bracelets. But yea, the older kids just want candy. Pretzels are much tastier than raisins Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Candy. We have a big mixture with suckers and chewy candy. DD doesn't like chocolate, so we didn't buy any.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Candy. Chocolate variety. It is once a year. I agree with your husband.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a mix of candy - starburst, skittles, and candy bars. Kids, especially older kids, really don't want anything but candy.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We only get a handful of kids in our area and we always hand out candy.  DH bought a bag of 4 sample size candies - I think it has Snickers, Milky Way and can't recall the 2 others. 
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Mini chocolate candy bars. Halloween trick or treating isn't about being healthy.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • We don't get many trick or treaters, so I buy mixed bags of chocolate candy, like twix, m&ms, and snickers....so I can enjoy the leftovers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had mini bags of chocolate chip cookies, but the only person we saw was the UPS driver. We gave him some :)

This was our first year trick or treating and we went to a big downtown event. We went into a few places and got a TON of candy. DS is only allowed candy once in awhile so most will get thrown away. I wish some places handed out stickers or pencils or bubbles as an alternative. 

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We gave out mostly chocolates and I had some twizzlers and skittles too. I figure if people have serious issues w/ their kids getting candy once a year, they shouldn't go ToT to people they don't know. DD gets stickers and goldfish @ her school's Halloween festivities and for the 5 houses we made it to last night before she got cold and wanted to go home, I'm happy to let her eat 2 pieces of candy a night for a week. She'll forget in about 4 days anyway.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"