1st Trimester
Options

UTI and didn't know it!

I am slightly concerned about this! I took my first urine sample last Thursday 10/25/12 and my OB's office just called me yesterday 10/30/12 to tell me I had a UTI.  I am 6 weeks along and had no idea I even had one.  They immediately prescribed an antibiotic, but I am just baffled they didn't call me sooner.  Now I am concerned this can have negative effects on my pregnancy.  
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UTI and didn't know it!

• Options
    I think you should be ok, with my first I had strep throat I know it's not a UTI andy son was fine. I also had yeast infections throughout my pregnancy.
  • Options
    The negative affect it can have on your pregnancy is turning into a kidney infection which, in turn, could cause preterm labor. If you didn't even know you had a UTI you aren't anywhere near having a kidney infection. You'll be fine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I stayed with them during my second pregnancy and my DS2 is a healthy 2 year old.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Options
    I had one also at 9 weeks - no symptoms either. My doctor said it wasn't a bad one at all. I was prescribed Macrobid x 10 days. It did make me dizzy/tired. 
    IVF/ICSI #1 July/August 2011 BFP # 1 - B/G twins - preterm labor/cervical incompetency @ 23w3d FET # 1 March/April 2012 - BFN 5/1/12 FET # 2 July 2012 - BFN 7/24 FET # 3 BFP! EDD 5/15/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My OB found some white blood cells in my urine as well.  She said that I had a slight UTI and prescribed me antibiotics to take for a week.  I had no idea I had one either.  However, after taking the antibiotics I've noticed that I am not running to the bathroom as frequent. Better to be safe then sorry!  My doc said as long as it's treated now you'll have no future problems.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

You'll be fine. It's common when you are pregnant to have a UTI with no symptoms. Just be glad they caught it. I had a UTI progress into a kindey infection, and I didn't realize it untill I was so sick I was vomiting for 24 hours. With DD, I went to the hospital for contractions and dehydration at around 28 weeks. Turns out it was a bad kidney infection. Baby was born at fullterm and was fine.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"