February 2012 Moms

Next Baby Name

For those with a few babes or just one, have you started putting thought into the next Baby name? We loved Gabriella for a girl but today I heard the name Elenor (she goes by Nora) and I love that! Do you pick names based on relatives? We have the middle names that are the same in the family but we try to get creative with first names.

This is my Baby fever post of the day! haha

Re: Next Baby Name

• We have names if it's another boy either Arlo or Levi middle name Reed which is DS's and DH's middle name.  If it's a girl Garnet for the middle name (that's MIL's middle name) and we can't decide on first name.  I like Cecily and Madeline but he doesn't. 

The first baby (the one we just had) was super easy.  We agreed on the name when we found out I was pregnant.  The next one will definitely be more of a challenge but I'm sure we'll have fun coming up with different ideas!

• Yep, we have a few of each gender, and will decide when we get pg again, although we will probably be team green.

Boys: Luke, Abraham or Peter

Girls: Alice, Anna...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ahh! I have chronic baby fever!

For a girl, we like Emily Elizabeth. I'll probably call her Emma sometimes.
    For a boy, I really like Ryan but DH is on the fence. Boys names are going to be hard for us. The first boy with have DH's middle name.

We do family names for middle names.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ned (Edward) and Elsie (Elisabeth)!

I have major baby fever. Which sucks, because I don't think we'll start TTC until next fall :-/ 

Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • If the next one is a girl, she'll be Elizabeth Kate (named after my grandma and my mom).

If the next one is another boy, we're screwed because Asher was the only name we agreed on and that took us 9 months to figure out!

• I did not share my list!

PS- my cat just barked in his sleep! haha creepy!

Okay, for a boy I love Gabriel or Greyson but the middle name will be Nicholas or James so I am having trouble finding a name that goes well with NIcholas. 

For a girl I already said Elenor (Nora) but I also like Brielle, Tenley, Jenah, (Jen- A)

• I have major baby fever and DH thinks I'm crazy! For a girl we like Shelby my grandmothers name or Cecilia. We're going to be in trouble if we have a boy because we can't agree on anything! DH likes Oliver and Owen. I like Adrian, Asher, Trevor and Logan my brothers name.
    Mom to AJ: 2/16/2012

Elliott Woodson due 8/2/2015!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • For a girl, first name is Charlotte. Middle name tbd, possibly Kathryn after my mom.

For a boy name, I have no idea. DH rejected everything I suggested this time around. I rejected all of the "superhero" type names he suggested until he proposed something normal- Connor, which ended up being DS's name.

We aren't really interested in naming our kids after family members. I feel lik the middle name is an opportunity to pick something kind of "out there" but with meaning. DS's middle name is Nolan for my favorite hockey player. It might seem silly to some, but hockey has been important in  my life and that player gave me an autographed stick when I was little. Also, he retired the day after DS was born, kind of neat I think.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hehe we actually considered this whole concept when naming DD! We 'saved' a name for next time. Nothing decided for sure, but I like:

girls: Anne, Lauren

boys: Micah, Adam, Beckett 

BabyFruit Ticker

• We like Carlo for a boy, and Tessa for a girl.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• We have three boys names that we are pretty set on: Caleb Reed, Ethan Thomas, and Sean Christopher. For girls, it's a little more complicated. I like Olivia and Hannah while DH likes Corinne. I think we'll have a much harder time agreeing on a girls name next time!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We decided on a girl's name almost immediately before we found out J was a boy, so we'll probably use it if #2 is a girl. It's Zoe Noel. Noel is my middle name and my mother's, and we both just liked Zoe. I like traditional names, and DH likes really quirky ones, and it was a good compromise.

We had a hard time coming up with J's name. I don't love it, honestly, I think it's a little boring, but it's a nice sounding name, and it fits him perfectly, so I'm happy with it.  I love the name Benjamin, but I don't like the way it sounds with my last name. I also like Noah, but it is really popular around here right now. Either way, the middle name will be William, because it is a family name in my family, but DH hates it and won't let me use it as a first name.

We aren't TTC for almost 3 years, so we have a lot of time to think about it. :)

• I like Prilla for a girl and Gabriel for a boy, DH isn't sold on either; however when discussing DS' name he mentioned Isaiah for a boy and I really like that.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Declan David for a boy

Charlotte Maraleigh for a girl (:

Or

Holly

Maggie

Annie

We have tons of girls names. haha 

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • If we have a boy next his name will be Matthew. It's been our next boy name since before we got pregnant with Lauren. F
  • If we have a boy next his name will be Matthew. It's been our next boy name since before we got pregnant with Lauren. For a girl we like Megan or Hannah.
  • Oops :)
  • Boy: Easton Charles
    Girl: Emily Elyse

• I'm going to have such a hard time picking a name for this coming baby! I love DD's name so much, I can't think of anything that compares or sounds good together.

So far, for girls, the only names the two of us both like are Rosalie, Tabitha and Lorelei. Not in love with anything yet, though.

My DH can't find a boy's name he likes at all. I like Reid and did when I was pregnant with DD. But DH seriously vetoes everything!

• H and i can never decide on anything but for some reason baby names come easy to us.

girl: olivia, mn possibly Emma or Marie

boy: Thomas James, nn TJ
    Married 03/09
    TTC #1 02/11
    BFP #1 02/24/11 EDD 10/31/11 MC 03/02/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #2 05/30/11 EDD 02/07/12 Ava Grace born 02/01/12

TTC #2 08/14
    BFP #3 10/10/14 EDD 06/20/15 CP 10/15/14 

My Ovulation Chart
  • If Anna was a boy she was going to be named "Carson Garrett" and I think we're going to stick with that name if we do end up having a boy (unless *God forbid* someone passes who we want to honor by naming our boy after him). For a girl I love the name Audrey Cyla. Audrey is random, and my dad, 2 of my brothers, and one of my nephews have the middle name Cyle, so it'll had a fun twist to the name :)
  • We've been talking names a lot.

For another boy DH likes Luke and I like Max. Since Eli is short and sweet, I'd like to stick with that same "theme". Since Eli got DH's family middle name, I'm going to strongly push Joseph as the middle name after my father.

For a girl, well, I don't know. DH doesn't even want to talk girl names until we find out (he's convinced he's produced another boy.. Confused), but I really like Eden. My middle name is my mother's middle name so I'd like to continue that, but my middle name rhymes with my last so I don't know if I'd want to do that to a girl. A couple other I like are Alice and Stella.

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Yea! For all the Alice shout outs!

We picked DD's name Alice Ann the day we found out gender.

Our boy name will be Henry Hayes. My greatgrandfather's name. I am in love with this name. I told DH the other day that it sounds kind of crazy but I feel like we are meant to have at least one more and I feel like I am already head over heels for a son that I don't have. Is that crazy?
    I love DD more than anything and never hoped that she was a he. I just feel like our family isn't quite complete.
    If we had another DD I would love Mary Grant my 1st name and DH's middle name
  • We are not having more kids but if DD was a boy she would have been Julian James and if DS was a girl he would have been Sydney/Amelia Michelle. When/if we adopt another kid I really want to have a girl so I can change her name to Sydney. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetmjmeister:
    We are not having more kids but if DD was a boy she would have been Julian James and if DS was a girl he would have been Sydney/Amelia Michelle. When/if we adopt another kid I really want to have a girl so I can change her name to Sydney.nbsp;

Funny! If Julian had been a girl, his name would have been Amelia!!

Next go round, if it's a girl, my husband still really likes Amelia. We also both like Eleanor. Personally, my top name is Juniper and I'm really hoping I get to use it!!

If we have another boy, we're screwed because we had enough trouble agreeing on Julian! He wasn't named until the day after he was born. I was holding out for Asher my entire pregnancy, but my husband didn't love it. He likes Theodore and other very oldfashioned names. We both like Benjamin ok but I would want nickname Benji and he doesn't like that!
  • Boy: Finley Sage

Girl: Ophelia Luna 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • I have 0 baby fever, im probably in the negative there! lol! but when the time comes we do have another if we have another boy he will be Timothy Joseph (timothy is the other name we were debating with ds' name he has now and Joseph is the same middle name ds has because they will both have their dads middle name!) and if we have a girl she will be either Amber Janel (amber is what my name was supposed to be but my mom changed her mind last minute so im stealing it and janel is my middle name) or Evelyn Janel and we will call her Evie (not sure if thats how its spelled but i want it pronounced eve-e, lol if that makes sense!) or Emma Janel (and will nickname her emmie)
  • We're most likely done having babies, but may adopt in a few years. I do hope I get to use at least one of them :)

Boys: Matthew or Jacob

Girls: Emma or Isabel 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• We do have names picked. We have picked Cannon if it's a boy, or Cora if it's a girl. We like keeping with the same first letter so Colton and Cannon or Colton and Cora. : I realize Cannon isn't popular, but we love it.

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't know what we're going to do, because we couldn't come to any agreement on a girl's name and the only boy name we both loved was Logan, so yeah... :)
  • Boys...  I'm screwed if I have another boy.. his name would be HeyYou because it took us forever to come up with Reece...

Girl, Amaris Sky  -  Pronunciation - (uh-mare-is)

• Girl - I would love Ada after my great-grandmother... It's the name I was pushing this time but DH vetoed it so I doubt he'd go for it next time. Other favorites of mine are Avy, Edith, & Eleanor.

Boy - DH likes Luke but our last name starts with L and I don't like alliteration. The name Evan Gregory would be for both of our dads and I kinda like that. I like Bryant for a middle name.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"