Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

methotrexate shot for ectopic.. any side effects?

After my first round of IVF, i have the rare possibility of an ectopic pregnancy.  I am a little over 5 weeks, and just had the shot today.  My beta is pretty low, so i am hoping i can get away with one shot, but am worried about what it will bring. Anyone have any experience to share?

Re: methotrexate shot for ectopic.. any side effects?

• Options

So sorry you are going through this :( I had an ectopic pregnancy diagnosed at the end of August I was about 6 weeks. I had the metho shot and had zero side effects,  unfortunately it did not work for me. I went back 1 week after for a confirmation ultrasound and my pregnancy was still progressing :(.   I ended up having to have surgery. My betas were almost 10000 right before my surgery. 

I am more than happy to answer any other questions you might have. I know how bad it stinks (((hugs))) 

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I had to have emergency surgery on the 23rd of October for an ectopic.  I hope the shot works for you.  Do they know what your HCG levels are?  My doctor said that the shot has a better sucess rate if your levels are 4000-5000...mine were in the 33000's there was no time to wait and see.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"