Pre-School and Daycare

Really need help with train sets!

Want to get DS a train set for his 2nd b-day. Decided to do it now rather than wait until age 3. 

I'd like....

table with drawer(s)

wooden train tracks that you can put in different configurations

couple trains and accessories.

Was looking at the Orbrium ones on Amazon?? But can't figure out what's easiest/best. A set that all comes together? different parts from different companies? Would love help/recommendations. His b-day is Dec. 10 and I'm trying to wrap all my shopping as early as possible for that and Christmas, due to this pregnancy. Thanks!

If you have one, are you happy with it? Wish it were different?  

Like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Orbrium%C2%AE-Toys-Triple-Generic-Railway/dp/B004B8FIZO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351623560&sr=8-1&keywords=orbrium+train 

Or this? Plus other parts.

https://www.amazon.com/Toys-Multi-level-Expansion-Stabilizers-Chuggington/dp/B0095ZFXBM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1351623560&sr=8-4&keywords=orbrium+train

This?

https://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-Waterfall-Mountain-Train-Table/dp/B000KEPCQI/ref=sr_1_4?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1351623654&sr=1-4&keywords=train+sets 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Really need help with train sets!

• We have the Circo train sets from Target. They connect with the Thomas sets too. The Thomas & Circo trains can run on both. We don't have a table, we just set it up on the floor which gives us more room. Kidkraft has some great train tables. Right about now if you watch zulily.com and totsy.com you can get a new one on a good discount. You can probably find some on craigslist too.
  • We also just use the floor (in our playroom).  You can also use Imaginarium trains/tracks, they're cheaper than the Thomas brand.  No matter what "pattern" you buy, you can always configure it differently.  I would buy a set and then get an expansion set.  If you're not opposed to buying gifts 2nd hand, we've gotten GREAT deals from CL.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • We got the Imaginarium train table and train set from TRU last year: https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11766021&cp=2255956.2273442.2255971.2257763.2257784&green

It's fantastic, and the only extras we have added have been some wooden Thomas trains that fit perfectly with the set. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We don't have the wooden one we have the GeoTrax one it is great. DS has it since he was 1.5 and still loves it. We like since you can push or drive the train. We use it on the floor on the carpet the track pieces stay together if you walk on it or bump it which I've seen with the wooden tracks. Plus all the various GeoTrax sets work together we have the train and the Cars 2 sets they work together which is great. Just another option.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The Ikea tracks are compatible with most other wooden tracks, so we found a train table on craigslist with just a few pieces including a bridge and tower and then added the rest of the pieces from the Ikea set.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We also got the Imaginarium set from TRU for about $100 on sale.  It has drawers for storage, wooden tracks, and so many buildings, trains, and cars that you really don't need to buy anything else.  It is compatible with wooden (not plastic) Thomas and the Target Circo trains/cars.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image1026pumpkin:
    We also got the Imaginarium set from TRU for about 100 on sale. nbsp;It has drawers for storage, wooden tracks, and so many buildings, trains, and cars that you really don't need to buy anything else. nbsp;It is compatible with wooden not plastic Thomas and the Target Circo trains/cars.

Same here. We got it on sale at TRU a couple years ago for 100. We haven't had to add anything else.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • We have wooden here too with a variety of generic brands along with Thomas. IO think most wooden tracks are compatible from my experience. I'm highly against train tables for reasons people mentioned. I feel it limits how much you expand the track and that's part of the fun.lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"