Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Lets try to make this board a bit happier today!

I feel like our board is always so depressing, which is understandable given what we are all going through... But if anyone is willing to share, I'd love to hear about a happy memory of your LO or something you do to go out of your way to remember them everyday. Even though I still cry a lot, I try reflect on happy memories with Bradley to bring me a smile!

My DH and I read a book to Bradley every night in his nursery. We like to think he is listening all the way from heaven. It makes us feel like more "normal" parents! I'm about to head to the bookstore to pick out some new books!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Lets try to make this board a bit happier today!

• Options

One of the happiest memories of Sydney was when I took her big brother to an u/s for the first time at 34 weeks and during the u/s she stuck her tongue out at him it was so sweet and pretty funny. I told him it was totally for him since she never did that before. I miss her !!

Heather

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Options

Great idea! I can't decide between two memories, so I'll share them both.

1) When I was pregnant, my infant daughter would sit on my lap and play with her brother in my belly. I taught her how to pat my belly and "love, love" which means she would hug my belly and lay her head on him. It was so sweet to watch.

2) My other memory is from after my son had passed. We decided to sprinkle some of his ashes at the beach. My husband had to run back to the car to get something. I was holding my daughter on one hip and my son's ashes in my other hand. It was already dark and the beach was completely deserted. For the first time, I had both of my kids all to myself. It was so peaceful.

Our little boy, born sleeping at 37 weeks. Always loved, always remembered. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Our sunshine on a cloudy day. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Two days before we knew our little girl passed I was at the lake with my DS for his first time.  It was a nice hot beautiful day and we had this beautiful beach to ourselves.  I remember how peaceful that moment was, the great smell of the mountains and pine trees, how warm the sun felt, and my DS playing in the water in his diaper.  He had such a huge smile on his face.  That was the last time I remember being truly happy, like my life couldn't be any better.  two days later we had to say goodbye.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJ&J09:

Thanks for sharing about Bradley.  He is very lucky to have such loving and wonderful parents.

Things are still so new for us and we are still trying to cope but I remember the first time I felt her move.  I was laying on the couch with my husband and my 3 yo son.  I pushed on my stomach every so slightly and she kicked me!  It was amazing!.  I think it was a few days after that first kick that she passed.  I will always remember the joy I felt feeling her move inside me. 

She was saying, 'Mom, give me my space!'.  That is such a great memory!

I am realizing after Bradley passed that little memories are coming back from my pregnancy, and they make me so happy to think about! I keep meaning to write these things down, so I never forget!

• Options
    imageHeatherhah:

One of the happiest memories of Sydney was when I took her big brother to an u/s for the first time at 34 weeks and during the u/s she stuck her tongue out at him it was so sweet and pretty funny. I told him it was totally for him since she never did that before. I miss her !!

Heather

That is super funny!   Thanks for sharing!  

• Options
    imageSweet&Salty11:

Great idea! I can't decide between two memories, so I'll share them both.

1) When I was pregnant, my infant daughter would sit on my lap and play with her brother in my belly. I taught her how to pat my belly and "love, love" which means she would hug my belly and lay her head on him. It was so sweet to watch.

2) My other memory is from after my son had passed. We decided to sprinkle some of his ashes at the beach. My husband had to run back to the car to get something. I was holding my daughter on one hip and my son's ashes in my other hand. It was already dark and the beach was completely deserted. For the first time, I had both of my kids all to myself. It was so peaceful.

That is so special, it made me tear up a little!   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"