March 2013 Moms
Options

I know its early... but what's on your Christmas List?

My MIL keeps asking for a Christmas List, but to be honnest, the only things I can think to put on it are baby or house related (i.e. not your typical gifts).

Only non-mommy gift I could come up with is spa stuff...

So, what's on your list?  (and maybe I can get some ideas)

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
imageimage

Re: I know its early... but what's on your Christmas List?

• Options
    i told my hubby i want a prenatal massage. we're on a strict budget so i told him it can be my xmas and bday present (my bday is in january). he said it'll probably be closer to my birthday but still i'm happy! lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

When I was pregnant with DS, I got a mani/pedi certificate. That was great. I also went with my sister to a place where you make a bunch of dinners to freeze. I had ready to go meals for the first week or so after he was born.

It would have been nice to have some more pictures of DH and I done before little man was born.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I asked for house gifts last year (faucet for kitchen, wall mount for tv, etc.).  Ask for what you need!  I know it may not be as fun, but it's stuff you'd rather have!  I know I'll get baby stuff anyway :)  This is the first grandbaby for all of our parents, so they're a little TOO excited haha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I think for the gift from ourselves to us (if that makes sense lol) we might get either an iPad or a nice camera (ours sucks). I'm leaning more towards a camera with the capability of taking video since we would get more use out of it. An iPad is nice but I don't really *need* one. My mom always asks what we want and I might tell her to get something for the new baby. It would help us in the long run. We have most baby items but will need a new crib since DD's crib is a convertible one and will be keeping hers. I also want a RNP, I heard good things about it and never got it for DD.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker M/C June 2010 at 9weeks 3days
  • Options

I see nothing wrong with asking for house stuff!  We saved for 2 years to do our kitchen renovation so all I asked for for Christmas was gift certificates to Home Depot.  We paid for quite a bit of our building materials that way!  *grin*

I asked for a salad spinner, for a gift certificate to get my kitchen knives professionally sharpened, a slide out garbage can for under our sink (see remodel note above!), and new piano music.  Pretty boring this year! 

• Options
    Victoria Secret Yoga Pants, a new pair of awesome workout shoes, and maybe my new galaxy phone I want. lol
  • Options

I don't usually have much of a list for Christmas- I have been wanting a good Bible commentary and a new bible cover/case. I think I might also ask for some spa stuff (mani/pedi or massage)...DH and I don't really do gifts for each other unless its something we really have been needing. We don't like having to just come up with stuff to buy each other-seems silly- but since we dont buy much at Christmas we do more random gifts for each other throughout the year. It helps us feel less guilty when we want to go on a random night away or something. 

I have no clue of what to get Dh since he hasnt mentioned anything in a while...I'm hoping he will say something so I can at least get him 1 small thing.

From family we usually as for family gifts rather than individual gifts like a membership to the zoo or Children's museum, or we got a new luggage set from my parents last year which was nice. We are remodeling our basement right now so we might ask for just Home Depot gift cards like pp said to help pay for that. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

DH and I have decided to stop doing gifts for each other, so we're going to share the purchase of a tablet computer instead (and get each other something small).

Other than that, there's not much we want!  Gift cards and vouchers to go do stuff or eat out are always good (during those months we feel super cash-strapped), but I expect we'll get almost ALL baby-related stuff this year, especially as we just announced the baby's sex and people will be dying to buy little girl things! 

I don't know.. what else would be smart to ask for?  Is it tacky to suggest contributions to an RESP in our baby's name, if family members are really looking for ways to spend on the baby?  Or at least mention that we've set one up?  

We really want to put a limit on the amount of useless crap we get these days, as we're just finishing up a massive de-clutter and clear-out in anticipation of the baby arriving.

A zoo membership (per the PP) and/or contributions to extracurricular activities/gear as our daughter gets older would be really awesome as Christmas presents!  Practical stuff, y'know?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I would love to get a 100mmL lens for my camera so I can get some macro newborn shots once the baby is born, but the likelihood of that happening is zero to none! We have to re-buy all of the baby stuff (since we were told I couldn't get pregnant, I had sold all of it on Craigslist ;), so I have a feeling that maybe some comfy yoga pants and maybe a gift certificate for a massage might be in my future. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    From DH I want a Coach purse and maybe new perfume. I'd like a new roasting pan, a short terry bathrobe, an eye shadow palette, and several other things. I clearly don't have a problem thinking of presents for myself, lol.
  • Options
    imagemarkhamgurl:

Is it tacky to suggest contributions to an RESP in our baby's name, if family members are really looking for ways to spend on the baby?  Or at least mention that we've set one up?  

I thought you needed a SIN number or identification to set up RESP?  How do you go about doing this when the baby is unborn?

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Options

imageDeannaSue84:
    I think for the gift from ourselves to us (if that makes sense lol) we might get either an iPad or a nice camera (ours sucks). I'm leaning more towards a camera with the capability of taking video since we would get more use out of it. An iPad is nice but I don't really *need* one. My mom always asks what we want and I might tell her to get something for the new baby. It would help us in the long run. We have most baby items but will need a new crib since DD's crib is a convertible one and will be keeping hers. I also want a RNP, I heard good things about it and never got it for DD.

I LOVE my iPad! Best thing ever!  

Married my best friend May 24, 2008
    BFP #1 9/1/11, EDD 5/15/12, Missed M/C at 9w4d, discovered at 11w3d, D&C 11/2/11
    BFP #2 6/20/12, Baby Boy born 3/2/13
    BFP #3 October 2016, EDD 6/11/17
  • Options
    imagehappy_un-bride:
    imagemarkhamgurl:

Is it tacky to suggest contributions to an RESP in our baby's name, if family members are really looking for ways to spend on the baby?  Or at least mention that we've set one up?  

I thought you needed a SIN number or identification to set up RESP?  How do you go about doing this when the baby is unborn?

I've only very briefly looked into it so far, I'm afraid I don't know any of the specifics yet!  You're right though, you'd need to provide a legal name at the very least, and if the baby's not even born, then .... 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"