Pre-School and Daycare

Magna Tiles?

Some friends were raving about these... several in fact. I looked them up on Amazon and they seem v. expensive.  Any recs on a good "starter" set? Would my very girly girl even like them? 

tia!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Magna Tiles?

• My mom bought my DD a set a little over a year ago and she loves them! I highly recommend them. She makes house and train cars and puts dolls and animals in them. My Dd is super girly and finds lots of uses.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for your response! :) Did she buy the 100 pc. set? 
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't bought them yet but plan on doing so for her 3rd bday. She would love them now too but she's getting a baby Ergo for Xmas and some puzzles so I don't want to add more to that. 

They are expensive but I would just go for the 100 pc anyway. They will be able to play with them for a long time and the smaller one (I think it is something like 40 pc) just wouldn't seem worth it to me (40 pc isn't that many when you are trying to build stuff).

I am betting your DD will love them. My DD played with them at the Children's museum when she was about 15 months old and liked them at that time.  I saw them while we were in ME last year and didn't buy them because I figured I could get a better deal on Amazon. Strangely enough that wasn't the case.....

• My DD loved them at her old school. I'm thinking of buying them for Christmas. Do you think she'd love at age 4?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm glad to see this!  I just ordered the 100 piece set for my 4 yr old DS for Christmas.  They were expensive and I am just hoping he likes them!
  • I teach in a 3-5 year old preschool room and we have these. I have to say that all the kids LOVE these, boys and girls. And there are never enough to go around. I would highly recommend them for any preschool age child. They are a great toy for stimulating creativity :)
  • I just bought these for my 3 yr old DD and 4.5 DS, they both love them. I bought the smaller kit (in the $50 range) because the 100 piece kit was so much more $$, and I wasn't sure how much they would like them. They both LOVE them (as does my husband) and fight over the pieces, so, I might end up getting the bigger kit anyway for christmas.
  • Look at Magformers - similar toy, similar price on amazon, but much cheaper at qvc.com. My nephews have them and love them.
  • Des loves those. They have them at DC and his favorite busy box activity.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelauren&matt:
    Thanks for your response! :) Did she buy the 100 pc. set? 

we got the smaller set, but always run short! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks all! I'll think we'll splurge for the 100 pc. set. And go figure, since I posted about them, the price keeps climbing. 

They were $120 w/ free shipping. Then climbed to $129 + shipping. Now they're $136 + $5 shipping. ugh!!! 

What's a good price? I can be patient. :)

• I can't tell you what a good price is because my MIL bought these for my daughter, but I have to agree, they're really awesome. She's not the most creative kid and gets board from Duplos quickly, but can play with these for a long time. She only has a small set but I think she's getting the bigger set for Christmas and I can't wait! I even have fun playing with them :)
  • imagelauren&matt:

Thanks all! I'll think we'll splurge for the 100 pc. set. And go figure, since I posted about them, the price keeps climbing. 

They were $120 w/ free shipping. Then climbed to $129 + shipping. Now they're $136 + $5 shipping. ugh!!! 

What's a good price? I can be patient. :)

https://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=27394&es=238311000ESC&utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=weblink&utm_campaign=AmazonProductAds They won't be available until November 17 but it is free shipping
  • Don't know why that link is so screwy but it is discountschoolsupply.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"