December 2011 Moms
Options

Night Weaning Q

Started it last Thursday... the hubby went in to check on her and put her back to sleep. It went amazingly well, it only took two nights and now she doesn't wake up at all until about 5-6am. We try leaving her but she rolls around and never really goes back to sleep (although you can tell she's trying). She used to wake up around 7:30am (btw she goes to bed around 7pm). 

Does anyone do one early morning feeding after having night weaned? Or does that defeat the purpose of night weaning? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Night Weaning Q

• Options
    PS Waking up so early seems to screw up the rest of the day because it means that she needs a third nap again...
  • Options

I had the same issue when I night weaned a few weeks ago. He started waking at 5 and had issues falling asleep.

Either DH or myself would go in there and rub his back to help him relax enough to fall asleep. It took about 5 days and up to 45 minutes at a crack, but now he skips that wakeup altogether and gets up at about 7am for the day (goes to bed by 7:30/8pm).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Hmmm, thanks for your responses... Ideally I would just say not till 7am or something, but she's on the lower edge of the weight scale... maybe I will feed her when she wakes up (after 5:30am) for awhile and see if she wakes up earlier and earlier, and if she does, then fully night wean...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    When DD dropped her last night nursing session, she was waking up earlier for a week or two, I assume because she wasn't used to going so long without eating.  If she was up earlier than I wanted to feed her, I just basically did whatever I had to do to get her back to sleep (except for feeding...I rocked her, patted her back, walked around the room, etc).  Eventually her wake-up shifted back to her regular time.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"