Attachment Parenting

infantino support

Sorry for another infantino question but i was looking at the infantino support and it looks really nice and kinda like the ergo i seen great reviews on it but was wondering if anyone on here has one and what their thoughts are on theirs?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: infantino support

• Responding to this and your other post at the same time...the Infantino slingrider which it sounds like you were gifted is a very bad sling - glad you sorted that out ;)  Fortunately, Infantino has made some big strides in improving their carriers in recent years, even coming out with wide base carriers like the Support.  If you are thinner, you may find the support strange in a back carry.  The shoulder straps attach to the waist so on me in a back carry they come straight down over my boobs.  But in a front carry, that's not an issue of course.  The material doesn't feel as nice as a more expensive buckle carrier and for a heavy kid you would feel the difference but for an infant, I think it's a good bargain choice.
  • Just spend the money on a ergo, beco, or Boba. I looove my Boba. I know they're more expensive, but the 100 bucks you spend will be well worth the comfort and durability of these carriers. You'll want to wear them all the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetina924:
    Just spend the money on a ergo, beco, or Boba. I looove my Boba. I know they're more expensive, but the 100 bucks you spend will be well worth the comfort and durability of these carriers. You'll want to wear them all the time.

I responded in your other thread too, but I agree here.  The more expensive carriers are definitely better quality, and you will be able to carry your kiddo much longer.  You can often buy them used, and they retain a lot of their value so you can resell them when you are done. 

big brother 5/30/10  *  cp 4/27/12  *  little sister 2/25/13

• Thanks what are great sites to look at to get a used one at? I really like the ergo,beco,and the boba air.i was looking at infantino bc its budget friendly and i didnt know how well im going to like baby wearing so i want to get something cheap before i go spend alot on something that gets shoved in the back of the closet i just really hate using our stroller and baby wearing looks so much easier.
  • imagelondonellemarie:
    Thanks what are great sites to look at to get a used one at? I really like the ergo,beco,and the boba air.i was looking at infantino bc its budget friendly and i didnt know how well im going to like baby wearing so i want to get something cheap before i go spend alot on something that gets shoved in the back of the closet i just really hate using our stroller and baby wearing looks so much easier.

Have you checked out my siggy link yet?  There's info there to get you started on carrier types, where to buy, etc. 

• Yes i did im new to the baby wearing and it had good information for me .Thanks for the advice everyone :)
  • i actually liked the infantino union ergonomic carrier, but i know most of the ladies on here don't love infantino.  i will say that i also had a moby (i didn't like having to take the time to wrap it and tie it if DS was crying!) and after using the infantino for awhile i did get an ergo (yard sale) but I still used the infantino.  i just got used to it.  my ergo sits in the trunk of my car, largely unused.  maybe i'll try a back carry with it now that he's older, but i doubt it.  at least i'll have lots of carrier options for the next baby!

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • I was just gifted an Infantino Swift Classic Carrier at my baby shower today. It wasn't the one I had picked out (had a Moby on my registry), and I was wondering if it was any good. I worry about the whole "crotch-dangle" thing, but in the pictures on the package it looks like baby's knees are bent and he's in more of a sitting position. I don't really know a whole lot about baby wearing, and didn't want to make a new post after seeing this one. Should I return this one and get the Moby?
  • Based on the pics when I googled it, it's not an ergonomic carrier. It looks like a typical front pack with the "dangle issue" and no lower back support for the wearer. If it were me, I'd go for the Moby or another more ergonomic carrier you'll be more comfy and so will your LO.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"