Late Term and Child Loss

***PgAL Check-In***

Hello Ladies,Welcome to Thursday PGAL Check-In! I hope I find you all well and positive this week! If you have any questions you would like answered, please don't be shy! You can also ask the PAL ladies. Bake, little buns, bake! :)How far along are you? What size fruit is your baby this week?Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?QOTW: Has there been any instances this pregnancy that has been similar to last time?Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: ***PgAL Check-In***

•   How far along are you? What size fruit is your baby this week? 32 wks 5 days, a squash Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? next NST is this Tuesday I am doing them weekly now, Baby girl was estimating 5 pds 4 oz already. QOTW: Has there been any instances this pregnancy that has been similar to last time? Mostly the whole pregnancy has been similar. It kind of freaks me out !! Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I'm just wanting this baby to come home with us and that is all I can think about.
    DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • How far along are you? What size fruit is your baby this week?I am 18 weeks 5 days--so Ada is a sweet potato becoming a mango.  I've never been this pregnant before so we never got to mango last time!
    Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?We just on Tuesday passed our main loss milestone when I went into labor with Alice and we are still here thank goodness!  We do have an appointment on Monday to meet with an MFM consult to talk about P17 shots and then we have an appointment with our regular OB on Tuesday.QOTW: Has there been any instances this pregnancy that has been similar to last time?Well on Saturday when I turned 18 weeks I had a bunch of stomach pain, which is also how labor started with Alice.  I didn't *really* think I was in labor this time, but after a few hours it wasn't going away so we ended up at L&D just to check.  All was fine--it really was just stomach pain this time, so it turned out to be very different than last time thankfully.
    Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?Nothing in particular.  I am feeling a small amount of relief that we have passed our loss milestone--I don't feel such acute anxiety constantly yesterday or today.  But I still feel like we have such a long way to go.  I think viability is really the next big milestone where we can breath another sigh of relief--5 weeks and 1 day til then.  It can't come soon enough!
    BFP #1 9/21/11. EDD 6/4/12.  Twins discovered at 8 weeks. Twin B lost at 14 weeks due to megacystis.  Alice Joe born and lost 1/5/12 at 18.5 weeks due to pre-term labor.

BFP #2 7/11/12.  EDD 3/23/13.  Ada Alice born 3/20/13.

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? What size fruit is your baby this week? I am 21 weeks 5 days and I think I am a pomegranate? Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? I have an appointment on November 5th, but no ultrasound :( QOTW: Has there been any instances this pregnancy that has been similar to last time? There are a lot of similarities in this pregnancy and the last, but they are also very different.  I have moments often where memories from Avery's pregnancy come back to me like  "Oh I'm 8 weeks today.  I remember turning 8 weeks at so and so's wedding last time."  My symptoms are pretty different this go around though. Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? My brother and sister in law immediately got pregnant after we did, and I am having a hard time with that.  With my first pregnancy, I wanted for everyone to be pregnant at the same time.  Now, it hurts to see others pregnant--but mostly other family members.  They just found out that they are having a girl (my second niece since Avery died) and it is tearing me up.  It kills me that I can't enjoy being around my first niece because it is still too painful, and I know it will be the same with this one.  I can't bear the thought of my parents holding, loving, and spoiling another baby girl.  I know they will be doing the same for our little boy, but I can't stand the thought of this girl doing all of the first granddaughter things on my family's side that Avery should be doing.  I hate that I am so jaded, but it seriously feels like the world is against me at times.  It would have been so much easier if they were having a boy.

My angel Avery- 2/16/12, My rainbow Blake= 3/4/13, Joyfully awaiting #3 5/11/15
  • How far along are you? What size fruit is your baby this week?

11 weeks 4 days, baby is the size of a lime 

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?

I have a regular OB appointment next Wednesday and an ultrasound/appointment with the perinatologist next Thursday.

QOTW: Have there been any instances this pregnancy that are similar to last time?

My due date is only 2 days before my due date with Braxton, so I am doing a lot of the same things this pregnancy at the same time I was doing them last year. 

Open Topic: What is on your mind this week? 

Braxton's 6 month anniversary was yesterday. It was a rough day. DH was able to get off work early so that we could go to the cemetery before it got dark. I spent a lot of time thinking about all the things that Braxton would be doing now.

I am also thinking about when to tell more people about this pregnancy. We have already told some close friends and a few family members. DH wants to wait to tell his parents until we visit them at Thanksgiving, but I am thinking of telling more people here after our appointments next week. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Hi ladies! Loving these tickers!
    How far along are you? What size fruit is your baby this week?16 weeks tomorrow, so a big pear.
    Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?We have our a/s in 13 days. We were team green with Patricia but I can't wait to find out if this one is a boy or a girl! I know there will be a lot of emotion about either so I actually scheduled an appointment with our counselor for a couple of days later to work through all the feelings. 
    QOTW: Has there been any instances this pregnancy that has been similar to last time?The entire pregnancy has been EXACTLY the same. No nausea or m/s, little appetite in first tri, a few headaches here and there. I'm about 6 weeks ahead of where I was this time of year with Patricia, but I am still pregnant in the fall and will deliver in the spring. Many similarities, hopefully one major difference. 
    Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?I am returning to my college campus for Homecoming tomorrow. I haven't kept in touch with too many people and did a big FB purge when I graduated and moved to Denmark, but I am back now and am obviously pregnant. I imagine people, especially all my old sorority sisters, will ask and also ask "is this your first?" I am preparing responses because I want to talk about Patricia.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"