Pregnant after 35

Speechless

I found out I'm having twins. This was my biggest fear. We already have one. I'm sure it will all work out but I'm terrified. 
Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Speechless

• Wow, congrats!  Twins run in my family too so I was pretty grateful it skipped me.  While I wanted twins the first time around not so much this time as I already have one who is now 14.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats, that's amazing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, congrats and good luck. I've heard going from 1 to 3 isn't much worse than going from 1 to 2. Except for needing twice the amount of supplies. Hopefully older sibling, at 3, will be a BIG help to mommy. Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow that is amazing news, congrats!  I can understand being scared I think I would be terrifed at first too.  I'm sure it will turn out to be wonderful :)
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Just take a deep breath...it will be ok! You can do this!! I too had a fear of twins but I have friends with twins who say it's the most awesome thing...yes, you are going to be exhausted and you will need double the supplies and help, but you will survive and it will be great!!

Best of luck to you and feel free to vent as often as needed. We are here for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, that is ironic! I would have been thrilled to have twins! I had a patient a couple months ago who told me that she was a twin but her parents didn't know until they were born. Talk about a shock! This was before ultrasounds (my patient was in her 80s)... I have a friend who makes it look so easy, raising her twin boys. You can do this-- you're already an experienced Mama, right? So you have lots of tricks up your sleeve already! Big Smile
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Thanks everyone. I work FT in a very stressful job. Unfortunately, not working isn't an option nor is changing jobs, especially in this economy. We really thought long and hard about trying for #2 and how we would juggle it all. Having 3 was never an option or consideration. I'm just afraid that I'm not going to be able to handle it emotionally, never mind financially.But, I've only known for 24 hours so I'm sure (I hope) my outlook becomes more positive every day.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • My friend with the twin boys-- she had the same problem. She ended up having to spend a year living with her parents to save up money because she and her husband are teachers, but she was only able to get a job as an ed tech due to the restructuring of the districts here in Maine. So money was tight. She was amazed at how she was able to save money, although she admitted that some of the initial payout was tough (two car seats, for example). But she was pretty creative with food options and clothes-- she did laundry more often instead of having a ton of extra clothes, for example-- and she was lucky to have a good supply for breastfeeding.

You will find a way-- and I hope your family and friends will help support your larger-than-expected family. That would be a huge help! You can do this! 

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Amazing!!  Awesome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am in a very similar situation. Just found out yesterday I'm having twins. Our daughter is 5 and we kept putting off another baby so we wouldn't have to pay for 2 in daycare at once. I changed jobs earlier this year so my current job is much less stressful....but it's still full time and we don't have an option of living on just one income. I'm sure it will work out for both of us. This is teaching me that no matter how much we plan, some things are just out of our hands. Good luck to you!

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"