Pre-School and Daycare

Halloween treats for classmates?

There was a notice today that if kids wanted to give their classmates a Halloween treat that they could be put in the cubbies before school started.  Just a few questions, as this is all new to me!

1) If you're giving treats do you attach anything so they know who it was from?

2) There are 2 separate classes going on at the same time for the 3 year olds, but they don't interact with each other at all.  Would you do a treat for all of the 3 year olds or just the ones in your LO's class.

3) Any cute ideas?  I don't necessarily want to just do candy but I don't want to waste my time & money on something junky either! LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Halloween treats for classmates?

• There are some really fun ideas on Pinterest, if you have the time!   Orange playdoh wrapped in cellophane to look like a pumpkin, healthy treats like pirate bananas, orange color fruit cups (like mandarin oranges/peaches) with a pumpkin face drawn on the clear lid, tangerines with a pumpkin face drawn on....etc.  They're cute, not candy and not just plastic-y trinkets.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Hi, DS is 3 and for his class we are going a treat bag with a halloween pencil, a pumpkin straw, a stretchy dino (the kid loves em) a sparkly spider, a lollipop, and an clementine with a pumpkin face on it. We might also do pumpkin playdoh. 

We are only doing it for his class and I might make a tag that says happy halloween love, Dylan on it but im not sure.

My mom 10/8/1959-10/31/2011 image Dylan image
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.  I don't attach anything. Just let the teacher know they are from you if any parent asks.

2. Just one's in LO's class

3. They have lots of party favor Halloween treats.  For example: straws that dbl as a whistle, tattoos, mouth fan whistles in shape of pumpkins, spiders,etc...  And my fave we are handing out to the classrooms this yr-glow in the dark bracelets.  I found all of the mentioned in #3 at Michaels craft store.  The glow bracelets were the cheapest at 15 for $1.

ETA: Playdoh, I found some at my grocery store 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are sending treats to DS's kindergarten class, and to DD's DC.  I don't put a not on it.  I just bought some cute little bags and some candy.  I usually put about 4 pieces per bag.  I don't go all out...I don't have the time, and all the kids want is the candy anyways. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for all of the input ladies! :

• imageamberdl28:
    Hi, DS is 3 and for his class we are going a treat bag with a halloween pencil, a pumpkin straw, a stretchy dino the kid loves em a sparkly spider, a lollipop, and an clementine with a pumpkin face on it. We might also do pumpkin playdoh.nbsp;
    We are only doing it for his class and I might make a tag that says happy halloween love, Dylan on it but im not sure.

IMHO this is excessive. I have never seen anyone do that much.

And I would not do mandarin oranges because if one of them leaks you might ruin all of the kid's other stuff a clementine is cute.

And my experience, skip the little junk, most parents toss it. I have a 1:2 bag of erasers flleft from last year and don't think I am givin them out again. I might do a cute Pinterest thing to display a candy. But they get soooo much candy.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • 1. No. You can tell the teacher what you will be bringing in or they will tell you what you are bringing.

2. Just the classmates in DS's class should get a treat but I would call the teacher to ask how many students there are.

3. They have Halloween pretzel bags and Halloween fruit snacks at Sam's. I would do Halloween packaged Rice Krispy treats. If anything, I probably be signing up to give string cheese.

Sorry I don't have any cute ideas.

• Thank goodness we don't have to do this! No "treats from parents" being solicited at my daughter's school. Yay! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageNicoleWI:
    Thank goodness we don't have to do this! No "treats from parents" being solicited at my daughter's school. Yay! 

This. They are having a halloween party and we are all bringing the food instead of "treats" and since there are two kids with allergies (DD being one of them) the foods are fruits and veggies.

• We are not allowed to do treats at our school as they don't really do a true Halloween party.  At daycare, we never put names on the Halloween treats although we did for Valentine's Day.  I would only do your DD's class since they don't know the other kids.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"