Health & Exercise

When to stop laying on my back?

I am 13 weeks now I keep reading that I stop laying flat on my back in the 2 trimester. Does this mean nest week? When I start having a hard time breathing? I am going to the doctor soon and it is one of my questions to ask him, but I was wondering when did you stop laying on your back?

Re: When to stop laying on my back?

• Be sure to ask your doctor, but I think the general recommendation is around 20 weeks.  I think I stopped somewhere around there (for exercises), but did continue to sleep on my back.  I didn't mean to, but I'd wake up that way.
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • This is my 3rd baby I'm 33 weeks mostly sleep on my back Im just now starting to wake up in the middle of the night so I can turn on my side it was the same with all my pregnancies Just listen to your body it will tell you when to stop
  • Loading the player...
  • When I was preg with DS I stopped because it was uncomfortable... can't recall when but in my 2nd tri.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Most important thing about this is how you feel. Your body will give you cues. The reason they recommend you stop laying flat on your back is because as your uterus grows and gets bigger/heavier, it can put pressure on your Aorta ( which is the largest artery in your body, meaning blood doesn't get pumped from the heart to baby, uterus, etc  if it is plugged. ) The location that it runs that can affect blood flow is down your butt/hip area. With my first baby, I would get very dizzy almost immediately if I layed flat. My other 2 I didn't notice so much. Listen to your body- trust it.
  • Ask your doctor, but mine told me stop sleeping on my back when I couldn't sleep on my back - my body would let me know.  If it hurts, don't sleep that way! 

With DS it was well into my third before all of a sudden I couldn't sleep/lay on my back...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"