LGBT Parenting
Options

TTT

Re: TTT

• Options

1) Ky wanted pancakes for dinner...guess what I am having for breakfast?

2) I did some Christmas shopping yesterday and plan on doing more today on lunch...I would like to be done soon!

3) The weather for this week is highs in the low 70s...will we be lucky enough for this to stick around for trick or treat night??

4) A's mom and dad asked to keep Ky overnight on Saturday. I am going to let them but I will be talking to A and letting her know the rules.

5) I feel like #4 makes me sound like b*tch BUT I do not trust A around Ky alone.

6) A feels that because I can talk to her lilke a civilized adult on the phone that I am over her inappropriate parenting and threats...no I am just an adult and can have a conversation with another adult. It does not mean I trust you alone with our daughter.

7) The community next to ours is having a kids' Halloween bash on Thursday night and I plan on taking Ky. She is super excited for Halloween this year and it is so cute.

8) Ky carries the baby she got at Ikea everywhere....it amuses me the funny looks we get at in public when grown ups see a white mom and daughter with an African American baby doll. I do not see the big deal and clearly Ky did not when she chose that baby out of the bin so why does everyone give it the side eye?

9) I bought myself some new shirts yesterday after work. it was the first itme I have purchased clothes for myself in a LONG time....it was kind of nice.

10) I left my headphones at home (they are still in my travel bag from this weekend) and I have a huge report to go through and some music would make it go MUCH faster!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. It's our Friday.  DW and I are taking a long weekend for her b-day and our anniversary.  Yahoo!

2.  E is so fun.  We miss him during the day, but we are doing a new work schedule that is allowing us more time with him.

3.  I need a coffee maker in my cube.  Who cares if they are not allowed.

4.  Anyone else have trouble wih Shedd Aquarium pics from the GTG not being available on the photo site?  Meaning those taken by the Shedd people.

5.  I want to do a closet clean out and small restock.  I wonder where that money will come from.

6.  Speaking of money, I am slowly gaining consulting gigs.  I want that SAHM dream for DW to get real.

7.  We are on a slow cooking recipe gathering frenzy.  Look out winter.

8.  That undercounter lighting we got for the kitchen at Ikea is going to change our lives.  As soon as we get it put up.

9.  It was so great meeting all of the midwest folks who could make it this last weekend.  Next up, magical national GTGs.  And by magical I mean that we all afford and snap our fingers to be able to make it.

10.  Anyone have a great laundry solution for dress shirt necks?  I guess what used to be called ring around the collar (ewww....and...can you help me?)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

deegadee - congratulations!!!

Let's see if I can knock out 10 things before my next meeting.

1. Told is the first time I'm missing my business class but it's for work so I guess that's a valid excuse.

2. K helped with my business plan last night and I really appreciate it.

3. I'm starting to dig out from under the mess that is my post-event work life.

4.  Where the heck is Blue and why isn't she online?

5. I'm debating whether or not to stay on the Board for my HOA.

6. For lunch I was going to bring Jelly Bean's left over mac&cheese.  But then she saw me holding it and asked to have it for breakfast.  Mac&cheese with peas for breakfast?  Sure, kid.  If you think is a treat then that's just fine.

7.  I wonder if my print project is done or if the printer just jammed and thus I'm not hearing it anymore.

8.  Why can we put a man on the moon but we can't make desktop printers that don't jam?

9. It's almost K's one year anniversary of being home. She's itching to travel again and I'm encouraging her to do so.

10. Look! I finished 10 before my meeting :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1.  I have like 60 phone calls I need to make today and then another good set that needs to be done tomorrow.  FML!

2.  Yesterday my m/s returned with a vengeance.  I am hoping today is better with little to none at all.

3.  I got a bunch of fabric last night from the clearance bin at the craft store.  The bundles were pre cut and have anywhere from 1 yard to 3 yards per bundle.  It's burning a whole in my sewing machine sitting there while I make phone calls.

4.  I will be sewing tonight!

5.  I told my boss this morning that I want to take Dec. 26, 27, 28 off.  This means I will take 3 PTO days and get 12 days off due to our vacation schedule.  She was totally fine with this which surprised me as I will only work about 2 weeks into the new year before being out on mat leave (bearing everything continues as it has).

6.  I am trying very hard to stay off my registries.  Our first shower is in a week and my mom let it slip last night that things have been bought off of it... Thanks mom!

7.  I ordered our thank you cards this morning for our showers.  I am excited although I probably should have done this a week ago as they will not arrive until the week after our shower. 

8.  I really have one of the best wives in the world!  M has been an absolute rock during this pregnancy and our struggles.  She glows more each day as we get closer to their arrival.  She picks up so much of my slack as I get more uncomfortable without a single complaint.

9.  I think I might take Friday off this week as a mental health day and just lay around and play video games, get the errands for this weekend done so we can just relax all weekend together.

10.  93 days and counting to our I need to make it here date.  Holy cow 3 months!!!!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    1. I think I'm experiencing some perimenopause symptoms, hot flashes, anxiety/depression, bad sleep, fat around belly, mood swings, fatigue, etc. These things have slowly crept up on me and I realized this weekend what it could be, I need to make an appt with my Dr to have my hormones checked.

2. We've had really nice cooler weather lately, not the WA Fall that I love, but better than the god awful summer heat we always have.

3. J wants to get a cabin in the mountains for winter vacation, I hope it happens!

4. Apple's says Ow all the time now, it's so cute!

5. I woke up 45 minutes ago and feel like I need a nap already, ugh.

6. We didn't go to our training class this weekend, now we have 4 weeks to get 13 hours of training done or we won't be relicensed.

7. Apple is so lovey lately, hugging, snuggling, and being adorable.

8. We gave all of the girls ice cream on Thursday, not such a good idea, they were all wired and disrespectful afterward. I think we will stick with our no sugar policy.

9. J's boss didn't get fired, the company decided they'd invested too much money in her to fire her. I refuse to talk to her or be friendly with her now, she messed up and threw my wife under the bus and now wants to act like everything is fine.

10. I need to file for de facto parent status today or tomorrow.
  • Options

1. I am not in the mood to work, but have a bunch to do. So goes my life. I would do much better working from 10-6 - sadly, it doesn't correspond with family life.

2. I wish I could stop having crazy ass dreams and sleep through the night. YAWN.

3. The kids has to read 8 books this month to earn a Pizza Hut personal pizza. They finished this weekend and are so excited about going to Pizza Hut. Dinner?

4. Clementines are back in season YEAH!!!! YUMMY.

5. All of the FB political stuff is driving me nutter butters.But the kids are so excited to go vote with me on Election Day.  I still remember going with my parents.

6. Uhhh...why is is supposed to be nearly 80 this week and a high of 58 on Sunday? #weatherfail.

7.  Just had lunch with a friend with an outside colleague and realized she might be a good networking tool....

8. I have had this open forever....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. Madison - I am glad you found something at IKEA that will change your life. :)

2. The GTG was wonderful!  I was so happy to meet everyone and hang out.  I hope we can do it again soon(ish), or even find a way to make MN happen since we have so many Bumpies up that way too.

3. The GTG also made me realize we need to try to connect to some other LGBT families here, and also seek out more friends in general.  We've been here six months and haven't made many new friends.

4. To that end, we are going to an alternative insemnation peer support group tonight.  Both because we're at a tough place with TTC, and also to meet other people at the same life stage as us.

5. I haven't talked to my BFF on the phone for weeks.  Need to correct that too.

6. I managed to get a virus on my work computer.  Not cool.  I'm on a loaner laptop.

7. Work is....work.  I'm still struggling, but it's getting better.

8. I need to make a few changes in my life to make things run smoother.  Go to bed earlier, get to work earlier, get back to the gym, pack my lunch.

9. C and I need Halloween costumes for this Saturday night.  Ideas anyone?  I want to do a hilarious lesbian couple costume, but I'm coming up blank.  Well, Brittney and Santana from Glee are an option, but the Cheerios costumes are $40 each.

10. I really need to do some decorating in my office, but I don't really want to spend money on my office.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Options

11.  I saw others posting about the weather so thought I would check ours... mid 80's all week then this weekend the high is 67 Saturday with a low of 49 (WTF) and Sunday is high of 70 with low of 52... The day time will rock, the mornings and late nights well that's a bit cold for here.  Either way just thankful it's not 100.

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    1. I never post here anymore except for TTT. All the new regulars must think, who is this chick?

2. Really hard couple of days here.

3. DS's Halloween costume is almost done. It's so cute!

4. I can't believe he's going to eat candy next week! He's neve had an actual piece of candy before.

5. We're definitely going to have to ration it sugar makes him bananas!

6. Ballet tonight. Holy moly do I need it.

7. I cheated and ordered Chinese for lunch. It was so amazing to have cooked food show up at my door. DS was thrilled.

8. We are doing an incentive to try to get DS to sleep better. I know he CAN STTN, I think he just wants o hang out with me. So we made a chart one sticker each time he STTN, then after 5 stickers a new toy. He really wants the new toy!! I hope it works. It would e so amazing to have his sleep be consistent again.

9. Lofty on Bob the Builder annoys me.

10. I don't think he's going to nap...
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagethemommymonster:

1. C got bumped up to the next level in tumbling. It is the independent class with no mommy. I am nervous. I ahve a whole year for this and I cannot imagine...

4. The GTG was awesome. I cannot wait to do it again. I miss everyone. Me too!

6. The temperature on Thursday is going to be 74. Friday the high is going to be 49. This is not okay. You have officially crushed my dreams. I just checked our extended forecast as a result of this and discovered highs in the upper 40/lower 50s beginning on Saturday.

8. I am slightly obsessed with Lego now. We went to a Lego store in the Woodfield Mall and it was incredible. Now I want to buy thousands and thousands of Lego. I used to have a ton of Legos and would play with them forever...I am waiting patiently for Ky to get to the age that she is into cooler Legos.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. Homemade almond milk = never buying non-dairy milk again.

2. I'm on-call and wish I wasn't.

3. I have two classes this week (W/Th) that I don't want to miss.

4. But whatever happens, happens.

5. I had a moment of excitement about possibly going down to see family next month when my uncle's coming up from California. Then quickly realized it wouldn't work out. Bummer.

6. I have a lot to do in the next 3 weeks.

7. I can't believe election day is right around the corner. We vote by mail and I already have our ballots.

8. Need to mail those back!

9. I should be getting ready to head out instead of ttt. Oh, well. I'll just have to rush.

10. And then I hear C in my head saying, "Drive carefully!"

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagehlke:

9. C and I need Halloween costumes for this Saturday night.  Ideas anyone?  I want to do a hilarious lesbian couple costume, but I'm coming up blank.  Well, Brittney and Santana from Glee are an option, but the Cheerios costumes are $40 each.

If I were going to a party, I'd be a binder full of women.

• Options
    imageJoySeattle:

Umm... What? Homemade almond milk? Hooooooow? Please?

• Options
    imageJoySeattle:

Oooh, did you make it in the vitamix?  I've wanted to try, but I don't think our blender is up for the task. 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Options

imageMrs._F:
    1. I never post here anymore except for TTT. All the new regulars must think, who is this chick?

Yeah, who is this chick? WE MISS YOU! Get back in here, will you?

• Options
    imagehlke:
    imageJoySeattle:

Oooh, did you make it in the vitamix?  I've wanted to try, but I don't think our blender is up for the task. 

Deets, please. Lots and lots of deets. And photos. And a video. Wink

• Options

1. It seems as though I'm doing my TTT in replies, so this one will be short.

2. Things are better. Not great, but better.

3. J cracks me up every. single. day. I LOVE my kid.

4. He's a kid - a running, talking, big kid!

5. Conversation this morning at 6:20: "J, it's too early, come take a nap with mama." J: "There's a taxi outside!" Me: "No, there isn't, love." J: "A taxi is a car!" Me: "Yup! Let's take a nap now." J: "What's that big giant thing over there?" Me: "There's nothing there, love. It's time for a nap." J: "Look! A big giant thing!" Me: "Ooook, let's go downstairs.

• Options
    imagetdmklm:

imageMrs._F:

Yeah, who is this chick? WE MISS YOU! Get back in here, will you?

yeah.. miss you !

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

1) 4th Qtr at work is so super slow ... UGG should not be like this which means there will be a major swamp coming.

2) HALLOWEEN yay decorating and fun stuff and gore and love it - should be halloween every day !

3) been looking for jobs out side the home- scary! I really dont wanna leave the kidlets they are fun now. But i am sick of money being tight

4) I wish the GTG was closer there are so many of you I wish I could meet and feel that if we did meet we would be good friends!

5) Love ikea and no idea why there is not one here in this desert.

6) working on our HALLOWEEN cards - our rendition of chicken and the egg are pretty good considering both were hand made. Thanks for letting us bite off you thiswillbe and Twotrue

7) the girls eat so much  but i feel like they are not getting much bigger or heavier 15month and maybe 20 lbs... tiny

8) our friend has twins at 28weeks and they were doing good but one has to have surgery for a perforated intestine and I just have them on my mind all the time - I feel horrible and wanna do so much but have done nothing because I dont know what to do. 

9) Went to a friends sons 1st b day and sadly it seemed like a sad party ..lots of people did not show up and it just did not feel 1st b day is - But i also felt bad because as soon as we arrived with the girls everyone kinda checked them out and such - M was telling me that she read some where that the reason twins dont get invited to parties is because it takes away from the b day person - This cant be true can it ... she cant find the article.. SUCKS. but i kinda saw that at this party.

10) back to party discussion .. I loved that there were 10 kids at our girls party who had Same-sex parents .. i think this is important yet i know several of our friends who dont feel the same way

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

1.  This BFP seems so surreal.

2.  I already have some symptoms.  I can't believe how soon they showed up, but I'm not complaining!

3.  I. AM. SO. EXCITED.

4.  J's birthday is Thursday and we're going to dinner.  She still has no idea where she wants to go.

5.  We're supposed to go out for drinks Friday night after work.  I have no idea what I'm going to say...  They're going to notice that I'm not drinking.

6.  We only want to tell a couple super close friends until the 12-13 week mark.  That will probably not work, but oh, well. 

7.  I'm terrified of misscarrying.

8.  Work is the last place that I want to be right now.

9.  I don't really have anything else this week.

*BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"