Boston Babies

Buy Buy Baby vs Magic Beans

Hi,

My DH and I began our nursery shopping this weekend. We expected we'd want to register at a "big box" store like BBB for the best prices and selection. Turns out most of what we picked out is also carried at Magic Beans, an independent store in Cambridge/Brookline, for the same price. I'd much rather support a local store, you know? Does anyone has an opinion or a reason I should go with BBB instead?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Buy Buy Baby vs Magic Beans

• I registered at MB and loved it! I registered there mainly b/c I had such great customer service there when deciding where to create my registry.The sales associate was so knowledgeable and patient. She encouraged me to push around the stroller that I liked and even offered to let me take the car seat I was interested in out to my car to see how it would fit. I loved the pared down selections - I found the big boxes so overwhelming and full of crappy stuff. Also I had no problems making returns after my shower. I got a store credit - which they just track in store. No gift card or merchandise credit slip to keep track of. They just track it for you in their system and it never expires. Oh another perk, they do carseat checks now! Wish they were doing that when we got our seat!

I registered at BRU as well, and it mostly a waste of time. They did have some things that MB does not carry but honestly most of things were small odds and ends that I could have easily gotten on my own. Just a side note on BBB, I love the way they merchandise their store but overall I have found their prices to be higher than BRU. But honestly, neither one are my favs.

So basically I think MB is awesome and you'll be supporting a local company run by a husband/wife team! BTW they also have stores in Boston, Wellesley and Hingham MA.

Best of luck!

• Hi there,

This is such a good question, and I'm really glad you asked it. But I have to warn you - I'm not exactly unbiased here. My husband and I own Magic Beans.

It is really wonderful that you are so interested in supporting local stores -- it is so important. And I believe that you would have a much better experience at Magic Beans than you would at any national chain. We are priced competitively, and we offer a lot of services and expertise that you just can't get at a big-box store. Our registry customers are treated like VIPs, and you'll have access to Brad, our Registry Concierge, who is available to answer your questions and help make sure you get exactly what you want and need. In short, I know we will take great care of you and your family.

Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to earn your business. Don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have questions or want to follow up. We have a form on our website (https://mbeans.com/email-the-owners.html) where you can email the owners, and Eli and I respond to every customer email we get. 

Take care,

Sheri 

• Loading the player...
  • I vote for Buy Buy Baby! I work with them alot through my local business, they have such a great variety for new parents and the workers there are very friendly.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"