Preemies
Options

Trying to make it to 34 weeks (XP from Multiples)

What a whirlwind. After an utterly uneventful twin pregnancy, a routine vaginal check at 33 weeks, 3 days this Friday showed I was 4 cm dilated. I never felt a thing! I was rushed to Labor and delivery for mag and steroid shots and after it made no difference, I was taken by ambulance to a hospital with a level three NICU. I dilated to seven cm, broke baby A's water while vomiting from the mag... and then stopped contracting altogether. Oh, and I STILL haven't felt anything! So now I am a holding pattern, watching for infection in any of us. If they haven't shown by Tuesday they will induce. From mag to pitocin... crazy.

This has been so much in such a short time and pretty overwhelming. I was not emotionally prepared for this and I am readying myself for two babes in the NICU. Can anyone share their experience with 34 weekers? I know the prognosis is good, but how much time did your child/ren spend in NICU? Also, please send healthy baby vibes and the strength to get through.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Trying to make it to 34 weeks (XP from Multiples)

• Options
    Prayers going up for you and your kiddos. I don't have experience with twins, but my 32 weeker stayed in the NICU for 24 days. She was 3lbs 4oz at birth. Try to stay calm and positive!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Sending tons of vibes! 

DD was 33w5d and spent 9 days in the NICU, the last few being for jaundice.  Our journey wasn't that bad and you would never know that DD is a preemie today.  

And props for trying to have them vaginally! 

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck to you!
    I can totally relate to the whirlwind. I had a similar experience. DS was born at 33 wks 1 day weighing 4lbs 1 oz and spent 2 wks and 3 days in the NICU. I was able to get the steroid shots, so he was breathing room air from birth, was a little jaundice, and was mainly a feeder grower. You can't even tell he was a preemie now!
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Praying that you can keep those babies in for another few days. I had my second daughter at 34w 5d and she spent 14 days in the NICU, for jaundice, a's and b's and learning to feed. Actually my oldest was born at 33w 4d and spent 13 days in the NICU, but mainly as grower/feeder. If you have any questions, please ask away. Also, I see if you could meet with a doctor from your NICU and them about prognosis, etc. Please keep us posted.

• Options

T & P for you and your LOs!

I had my twins at 33w4d after one of my bags of water ruptured at 30 weeks.  I spent 25 days on hospital bed rest before going into labor a few days before my scheduled induction. I had the steroid shots the first 2 days I was in the hospital.  Both babies were born breathing room air.  They spent 23 days in the NICU, mostly as feeders and growers. They each spent about a week under the bili lights for jaundice, but that was it.  If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me and page me on Multiples. Good luck!!

I forgot to add that my twins were 4lbs5oz (Twin A) and 3lbs8oz (Twin B) at birth.  They're 12 weeks now and 9lbs11oz (Twin A) and 11lbs (Twin B)

Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"