Eco-Friendly Family

Hylands teething tablets

I don't usually post here although I lurk a bit. I have a question that I thought someone in this group may be able to help me with.

My son seems to be starting to teethe. A friend recommended hylands teething tablets. They have an ingredient called belladonna that lead to a voluntary FDA recall. Does anyone know if this is still a concern? The hyland webpage says it has such minuscule traces of it that there's no risk but the recall was because the tablets were not consistent.

I thought because this is a homeopathic treatment someone here may be knowledgable. I really appreciate your input!! And I will be asking my doctor if I ultimately decide to try it but I didn't want to ask until I did my homework.

Also, if you have any other suggestions I'd appreciate them. I've already frozen breast milk to put in a feeder for him to suck on to help but I'm open to suggestions!!
imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Hylands teething tablets

• if i recall correctly, the recall was due to the inconsistency...

we used the hylands and they worked great with our son.  i remember reading somewhere that the amount was so low that even if an infant ate the whole container at once that it wasn't enough to do anything

I was prescribed belladonna alkaloids years ago too for irritable bowel syndrome so some small does are deemed safe

HTH

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MC#1 - BFP early June, 2011 - first u/s showed pregnancy as non-viable - D&C 6/21/2011
    MC#2 - BFP early Nov, 2011 - first u/s showed cyst on umbilical cord at 8w2d and no heartbeat - D&C 11/22/2011 
    MC#3 - BFP April 30, 2012 - miscarriage naturally 5/2/2012 @8wk
    MC#4 - BFP Sep 2012 - u/s good at 8wks, 11 wks - no h/b and measuring 8w1d - diagnosed as Turner Syndrome
    IVF Round 1 - Retrieved 20 eggs, 8 confirmed blasts as chromosomally normal and one xfrd 9/25/2013 BFP on 10/9. EDD 6/13/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks.  I see them everywhere so I'd like to think the aren't unsafe but I have also become a bit of a worrier with my son. 
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • We use the Hyland's tablets.  I'm not familiar with the recall.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"