Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Whats the longest your child has had a cold?

We are going on week 5 of DD's cold/cough. I try not to be the mom who takes her kid to the dr everytime they cough, but i think im gonna take her in today. Shes 4, and her, my 3yr old son, and I all came down with it like 5weeks ago. DS and I have since gotten better and are fine now. DD seemed like she was getting better too, but woke up yesterday sounding worse again (really chesty cough). Im just curious how long any of your kids have held on to a nasty cold for?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Whats the longest your child has had a cold?

• Options
    I would think 5 weeks is either unlucky cold after cold, pneumonia, or asthma the type brought on my colds or allergies which happens with my DH. I would see a doctor and make sure the lungs sound ok.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    I was going to say asthma as well.  My DD had a cough that went on for weeks and weeks and that was eventually the issue.  We gave her an inhaler for a while but she rarely needs it any more.  You might ask for an asthma evaluation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oct - Mar?  lol

For a noticeable, nasty cold probably 2 weeks it maxes out.  But there can be a few days of "not cold" followed by another lovely cold.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options
    thanks for weighing in ladies. it turned out it was a nasty bacterial cold that the dr said needed antibiotics for. She started on them last night, and hopefully she can finally kick this thing in the next few days!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm glad the dr prescribed antibiotics.  I was going to suggest they may be needed and if they do not work it could be allergy related.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"