Pre-School and Daycare

Recommend your Fave Christmas/Winter books!

We do St. Nick here on the night of 12/5 and I'd like St. Nick to bring a couple Christmas or winter-themed books again this year. Last year, we got the Olivia Christmas book (huge hit) and Fletcher Fox (cute), a Biscuit board book, and a lift-the-flap Animals' Advent book. I'm Googling, but please share any recommendations for an almost 4 year old girl and a just-barely-2 year old boy. We also already have a religious-y "story of Christmas" book.

I was thinking of getting the Grinch, but need at least one more idea. Can be a board book for the little guy or a longer "story" for the girl or both. Thanks!

PS I realize it's only 10/16, but I'm due in Dec. and trying to do all my shopping early! Ho Ho Ho! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Recommend your Fave Christmas/Winter books!

• What about "A Charlie Brown Christmas?" There are other books we read "Snow Cat" and "Llama, Llama Holiday Drama."

I am sure there are other books we have. I just can't remember all of them right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS really likes The Smallest Snowman. It's a Clifford book. We like How the Grinch Stole Christmas but it is LONG, so be forewarned. My DS won't sit through it and he is a pretty patient little guy who LOVES books. We also have Twas the Night Before Christmas in board book form and he loves it. We read it each year on Christmas Eve. I second Llama, Llama Holiday Drama, it's a great book.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Snowmen At Night and/or Snowmen At Christmas.  
  • imagesschwege:
    Snowmen At Night and/or Snowmen At Christmas.  

I second this suggestion, the Snowmen books are fun.  There's also the Polar Express and my older DD likes Madeline's Christmas.

• My kids LOVE Little People xmas book they can lift the flaps.  Seriously, we read it (a phrase on each page) year round.  Very little reading content other than that-may not be what you are looking for.
  • The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats

The Mitten by Jan Brett

Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett, in fact half of Jan Brett's works could fall into Christmas or snowy weather. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The sweet smell of Christmas, A wish to be a Christmas tree

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD loves the Fancy Nancy Christas book. "You Are My Miracle" is precious, too (and short). "Llama Llama Holiday Drama" is pretty cute. We have a version of "''Twas the Night Before Christmas" with kid drawings that is really sweet. 

• You know what I need to do? Go to an actual bricks-and-mortar store and look around! I've been ordering so much on Amazon that I didn't even think of this right away. Duh!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The Sweet Smell of Christmas<--- dig the hot cocoa and pine pages

and 

The Wild Christmas Reindeer <--- the illustrations captivated me as a child, and now DD loves them, too!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mortimer's Christmas Manger!!!!!!!! Our fav :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"