Parenting
Options

Maiden Name...

When you got married did you keep your maiden name with hyphen or did you change to just your husbands last name only?

Re: Maiden Name...

• Options
    Husbands last name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Took DH's last name
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I haven't changed a thing.

I do plan on changing my maiden to my middle and taking his last name. 

• Options
    I changed, it would have been way too long to hyphenate 
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • Options
    Changed it to my DH's name. If I had gotten married at this point in my life, I would have kept my maiden name though.
  • Options
    Dropped maiden Nd took Hs name.

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

• Options
    I moved my maiden name to my middle and took his last name.
  • Options
    took DH's last name.
  • Options
    I ditched my original middle name and changed it to my maiden name, and then took my husband's last name.  I am really attached to my maiden name...it's a lovely name, and I am really proud of my family, so I just could not bear to get rid of it altogether. 

C is 3 years old

• Options
    Neither.  I didn't change anything. 
  • Options

Moved my maiden name to the middle and use husband's last name.

Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options

I kept my name only. He kept his too.

EDIT When I got married the first time I was young but I kept my name then too. My kids have hyphenated last names and my next one will too.

• Options
    not changing your name means u dont love ur husband
  • Options

I changed it to DH's name the minute we got home from the honeymoon.

My dad is married to a woman with the same first name as me. We do not get along. I was more than happy not to share a full name with her anymore.

• Options
    I took DH's last name.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

I took his last name.

Those of you who didn't change your last name...what last name do your kids have? I've always wondered about that.

• Options

imagegwinnygirl:
    Took H's last name.

Confession, this is going to sound petty - my maiden name was hard to pronounce & spell, my married name is not. I like that.

See, I have the opposite problem.  I took DH's last name and use my maiden name as a middle name, but my maiden name was SOOOO much easier to spell and pronounce and I am annoyed all.the.time that I am now saddled with DH's name.  Especially since my first name is not easy, either.  Oh, well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Took his name.  It is shorter, easier to write, and it is one syllable so it makes me sound like a rock star.
    Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
    Lilypie - (mtvk)
    Lilypie - (WdLV)
  • Options

imageFourx:
    not changing your name means u dont love ur husband

Well, duh, I only married him for his money.

• Options
    Kept it - now rocking 4 names.

• Options
    imageMissNikki007:

I took his last name.

Those of you who didn't change your last name...what last name do your kids have? I've always wondered about that.

A lot of people hyphenate them. I did and one of my sisters did as well. My kids are 16 and 14 now, there's never been an issue with the hyphenated names.

• Options
    Drop mine & took DH name..

• Options
    I didn't change it at all.

• Options
    its just selfish not to change ur name. its tradition
  • Options
    I didn't change anything.
  • Options
    I took my hubby's last name but dropped my middle name so that I can use my maiden name in it's place.  All of my legal documents read Firstname MaidenName Lastname.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options

imageFourx:

Again, duh; I only do things for me, myself, and I.

• Options

imagemadamsmurfette:
    I moved my maiden name to my middle and took his last name.

This.

• Options
    imageFourx:
    Yawn.
  • Options
    imageMissNikki007:

I took his last name.

I hyphenated DS' last name.  I'm not thrilled with that solution, but I wanted us both represented. 

When we were trying to decide what to do with his last name I found some research article about the perceptions of people with hyphenated last names.  I think boys with hyphenated last names had higher ratings of things like intelligence and sensitivity, whereas girls with hyphenated last names had higher ratings of narcissism or something. 

So, moral of the story: if I ever have a DD she'll be be narcissistic or something.

• Options
    Dropped my middle name and now maiden is middle and DH's last name is my last name.
  • Options
    My maiden name is now my middle name.

DD#1 born 9/29/2010; DD#2 born 2/25/2013

• Options
    I took his last name.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Options
    I dropped my middle name so my maiden name is now my middle name and DH's last name is now my last name
  • Options

HE took MY last name!

j/k ;)

• Options
    Took MH's last name.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I took DH's last name.
  • Options

I took DH's last name.

I am suprised at how many people say they switched their maiden name to their middle name. I have never really heard of that. I kind of wish I did it but I have a long weird maiden name. I suppose you never really use it, hmm.

• Options

Took DH's last name and made my maiden name my second middle name. Looking back I wish I was just hyphenated since both names are short.

I kept my maiden name at work and whenever I refer to myself/sign up for things I do it as if my name is hyphenated.

• Options
    imageMissNikki007:

A is First Middle MyLast HisLast. I think I'll hyphenate it one day because it's super confusing for people, especially since both of our last names could also be first names.

imageHilarityEnsued:

To anyone that didn't change their name... did you have a specific reasoning behind keeping your maiden name?

50% laziness and 50% that I hate the tradition. I like my name and we don't care if we all have the same last name. We call ourselves the "MyLast HisLast" family.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"