Pre-School and Daycare

POLL: What do you do while your LO is in preschool?

Work?  Run errands?  Go home?

We live five minutes from preschool so I take the babies home and put them down for a nap and run around my house like a mad woman, cleaning everything I can!  DD goes to school on Thursday and Friday, I try to get some cleaning done earlier in the week while the babies nap and DD1 colors or does puzzles or something so I don't have to clean my ENTIRE house while she's at school.  It'd be nice to just sit and have a cup of coffee and watch TV while DD is at school and the babies nap.  Aahh... someday maybe?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: POLL: What do you do while your LO is in preschool?

• Sometimes I just play with DS, put him down for a nap.if I'm tired, I take a break, eat lunch, watch a show from my DVR. 

If I'm motivated I will clean. If the house is clean, I might stay out and just run around. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Go for a run with just one kid instead of 2, try to play with Nick but usually wants to be on his own, get stuff done around the house.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Since I only have the twins and they are in Pre-K now that is 5 mornings a week I am getting a lot more done. MWF, I drop them off then go home and do my run. I am doing a walk to run program (like C25K) so I can run a 5k on Thanksgiving morning. On T&R I run errands or clean. So after my run, I shower then sit down and relax and enjoy a cup of coffee in my very quiet house. It has been so nice to actually have some time to myself for a change. But my DH is only home 5 days a month, so I am on duty 24/7, not time to myself except when he is home.

Cut yourself some slack. You don't have to use all your down time for cleaning. Soon the twins will not be napping in the morning anymore so enjoy this time now while you have it. The cleaning can always be done later.

• Mine go 3 mornings a week. I usually run errands and do some cleaning. I dont relax at all but I still enjoy being able to walk around Target myself. I'd really like to fit exercise into that time too but I always come up with something better to do :-(
  • work
  • 2 year old goes T/Th and almost 4 year old goes T/W/Th.  I spent the first month catching up on shopping I have been wanting to do for awhile.  I spent a ton of money at Target also.  Now DD and I go to gymnastics Wed and then Target and groceries before picking DS up and this week I am trying yoga on T/Th.  I live 15 minutes away, so I could go home, but it seems like I always have something to do out.
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • I started WAH a few months ago. 

I have a sitter who comes for hour hours in the morning. I drop DD1 off at preschool; then sitter arrives to take care of DD2 while I work. She picks up DD1 when preschool is done and watches them both until I'm finished for the day.

When I a full-time SAHM, I'd clean, go to the gym, run errands, or just veg out for awhile if I could. I also had occasional morning classes for DD2, so I'd run her to those after dropping DD1 off at preschool.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • enjoy playing trucks with my little dude. Take him to parachute story time, take him to music class. Run a few errands.

I love having one on one time with him. We are having a blast.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DD#1 goes to preschool four mornings a week.  I come home and play with DD#2 for a short while and then put her down for a nap.  Then I mostly clean.  It's amazing how much time it takes me just to keep up with the dishes and laundry.  I'll also try to deep clean one thing, like yesterday I dusted the ceiling fan in the living room.  Once or twice a week I'll try to fit in an exercise video.  It's really nice to have this time in the mornings to get things done.  For the first year of DD#2's life it felt like I never had a moment to myself to get anything done.  I'm trying to take advantage of it now because I know it won't be long before she drops her morning nap and I won't have that chunk of time to clean and exercise any more.
  • Mrs.Greg, based on our tickers it looks like our toddlers share a birthday!
  • DD goes 4 mornings a week for 2.5 hrs each morning so on tuesdays I food shop/put the groceries away, wednesdays I run errands and on thursdays & fridays I clean the barn my horse is at--no rest or indulgence there :-)  oh, and I have a 2 1/2 yo with me the entire time :-)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • It depends... tomorrow morning after I drop my 1st grader off at school, we are going to the grocery store. This morning we had soccer class, yesterday morning I had a two and a half hour pto meeting with my 2 younger kids. My middle son is in preschool in the afternoon... so I typically hang out with my 3 yr old by going to the playground, going running, or just coming home so I can get stuff done. There is not a lot of down time in my house! My time is when the kids go to bed.. next year I hope to have three in school at the same time for a couple of hours... I can go running and clean and run errands!
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • DD2 is in preschool through the YMCA every Tues/Thurs from 9:15-10:45. I workout then because there's nothing better for me to do. Plus it's nice to have at least 2 days/week dedicated to my workout.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I work. When I was a SAHM and DS had preschool twice a week, I would run errands, clean, do school work, and work in some veg time. If I had a lot on my plate, I would have him stay for extended care.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It depends on the day and how I feel.  I usually go to the gym, run errands, come home and clean, or sometimes just drink coffee and watch what I want to. I have not felt good the last couple weeks, so I have actually come home and went back to bed a couple times. I do not do that often though.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagezoe_cat:
    Mrs.Greg, based on our tickers it looks like our toddlers share a birthday!

August 3?  Smile

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageMrs.Greg:

imagezoe_cat:
    Mrs.Greg, based on our tickers it looks like our toddlers share a birthday!

August 3?  Smile

Yup!  Great day for a birthday!

• Today I napped, but that was a first.  It depends on DS's schedule and whether or not he is due for a nap.  Sometimes I run errands and sometimes we come back home and play.
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Look after DS2, clean, run errands, exercise - though the exercise is a new thing.
  • Our preschool is at the Y and it's about 20 mins from our house. They're in preschool 3 mornings a week for 3 hrs. I usually spend the first half working out and showering. The second half: Mondays I often go to a coffee shop to do homework (I'm auditing a class), meet a friend, etc. Sometimes I go home and clean. Wednesdays I do my grocery and drugstore shopping. Fridays DH is off (he works Sun-Thurs) so that second half we try to get in a mini date, though often we end up running errands instead. I also try to do drs appts, haircuts, etc., during preschool. I definitely make the most of the time, especially since I usually do reading for my class while I'm on the elliptical or treadmill as well.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I work while DS is in preschool (and after school care).  Next year when he's in kindergarten and I have a off day from work every other week, I have no idea what I'm going to do until 2:45 pm (when school is over).  Probably do what I did as a prior SAHM---Rachel Ray and the Today Show :-) 

No, actually, I'll probably clean the house, grocery shop, veg out a little, and meet up with my mom friends.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"