Potty Training
Options

Our Lora Jensen's 3 Day PT experience (update)

Before I embarked on this journey I did search after search to kindof know what I was up for. I didn't always find true accounts of how the days went. So I thought I'd give you my experience so far (we are on day 5).

Day 1 - Our day started with our first success in the potty. Right after we put on her big girl panties. We praised, we flushed, we washed up, put a sticker on her potty chart and then followed by a chocolate covered raisin. By 9am we had only had one accident. I thought "not so bad." Then it was like pee-a-palloza! By naptime we had 8 accidents. We did have one poop nugget success and one huge poop disaster that resulted in a mid-afternoon bath. By bedtime she had gone through 17 pairs of panties. Right before bed Courtney finally said "I want a sticker." So she finally sat on the potty and went, a lot! Phew. So the day ended on a positive note. One that I thought would never happen. We also put her to bed in panties.

Day 2 - Courtney woke up at 5:30am and was wet. I changed her pants and sheets and tried to put her back to bed. She wasn't going to have it. I left her in her room to see if she might go back to sleep but of course she sat at her door and peed. (I didn't count that as her first accident)  So by 6am we were up for the day. ::yawn::. Day 2 was a breeze compared to day 1. We had only 1 big accident and I had left the room for just one minute. Ugh! We had a few tiny accidents, ones where she starts going and holds it. Otherwise we had 6 successes in the potty including one poop. We played, colored, had a tea party and enjoyed our time together. I still don't understand how she peed over 17 times day 1 and half that amount day 2. Hmmmm. We have yet to have her say when she needs to go. I just take her to the potty when I see her hold herself. Most of  the time she doesn't go (sometimes she puts up a fight) but when she actually releases she always says "Hear that mommy?" We have a princess potty that plays music when she pees. The ebook author recommends never using pull-ups and to night train them when you day train but I'm leaning towards using pull-ups for bedtime. We'll see. She's in bed in undies tonight.

Day 3: Woke up again at 5:30 and was wet. Didn't want to go back to bed. Day 3 is sort of a blur. It was nowhere as good as day 2. She used the potty a handful of times but then when she would hold herself (our sign she needs to go), I would take her to the potty, she'd sit for a second, run away and then pee on the floor. We had a few successes, but we also had accidents even when I knew she needed to go and took her to the potty. At this point I was about to pull out my hair, questioned myself on whether I was rushing her to PT. She hadn't yet said "I need to go potty." I was also tired of hearing my own voice "Tell mommy when you need to go potty?" "Remember to keep your panties dry." OMG! That night I put her to bed in a pull-up (OMG the horror ;-) ) The reason I decided to do this was because she wasn't waking up at night when she peed and I hated the fact that she was just sleeping in pee all night.

Day 4: Luckily DH had the day off so we kept her home from daycare. She slept until 6:30am. We got up and sat on the potty. Nothing! So we put panties on and went to get her milk and breakfast. I was sitting at my computer working (I work from home) and DD came up to me grabbed herself and said "I need to go potty." I about cried. We took her to the potty and she went. The remainder of the morning was great. We would ask if she needed to go. If she said no we would let her go back to playing. If she said yes we would take her. She did have a poop accident because DH wasn't paying close enough attention. Then later in the afternoon a pee accident. And then, the BIG test. We went to Costco. IN UNDIES! We went to the potty when we got there and nothing. We went back to the potty before we left. And nothing! (I'm in the process of ordering a Pottete Plus travel potty). We got her in the car and two minutes before we got home she said she needed to go pee. She held it until we got home and peed in the potty. So for day 4, only two accidents is pretty amazing.

Today/Day 5: Today she's at daycare. She peed on the potty before we left. I texted our DCP to see how she is doing and so far 1 accident. :( But DCP said she is doing great. I expect her to have a few more accidents at daycare since she'll be playing with friends but hoping it only takes a few days for her to remember to tell our DCPs she needs to go.

So all in all (so far) I'm totally happy with our progress. It wasn't easy, and we still have a ways to go but the fact she's in panties and is using the potty makes me so happy and proud of her.

UPDATE: We are a week and a half in and she is doing amazing. She was having 2-3 accidents a day at daycare but that has slowly decreased (just one yesterday). She uses public restrooms easily (I have the Pottete Plus travel potty and it's great) and we've had no accidents while home. I'm so glad we did it!

Re: Our Lora Jensen's 3 Day PT experience (update)

• Options
    Congrats!!! We also started the 3 day training this past weekend, and boy that first day is a disaster, huh?? I think we went through 10 pairs!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats! We also did the 3 day and found the same thing, that first day is a killer.  I just wanted to give up, but plugging through paid off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so happy I saw this. We just did our first day and it went ok, but these posts make me feel a lot better. Thanks!! 

On September 8th 2007, I married my best friend. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just sorta stumbled upon this post and I'm glad that I did. DS has been in pull-ups for over a year and we haven't had the success I'd hoped for. Although I need to be honest and admit that I don't put as much time into potty training as I should. My DCP actually works harder than me and naturally sees more success. DS fights me on most days to potty. Lately I've been thinking of boycotting pull-ups (except at night) and only using big-boy underwear (what's the boy name for panties? lol), but I'm scared to death to think of all the pee that will be on my floors. Thanks for sharing your experience and letting me know that I will experience lots of accidents, but it may just be the way he will train.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageallioop2001:
    I just sorta stumbled upon this post and I'm glad that I did. DS has been in pull-ups for over a year and we haven't had the success I'd hoped for. Although I need to be honest and admit that I don't put as much time into potty training as I should. My DCP actually works harder than me and naturally sees more success. DS fights me on most days to potty. Lately I've been thinking of boycotting pull-ups (except at night) and only using big-boy underwear (what's the boy name for panties? lol), but I'm scared to death to think of all the pee that will be on my floors. Thanks for sharing your experience and letting me know that I will experience lots of accidents, but it may just be the way he will train.

Stick with it. We have not used one diaper since the day before we started the 3 day method. We still have small (poop) accidents here and there but she always tells us when she has to pee. She's still in pull-ups at night but I'm Ok with that. I might try and night train around Christmas.

Actually she hasn't had even one accident in 2 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"